HUYABIO™ is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective and lower-risk drug development in the global markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio covering all therapeutic areas. Hiyasta® the company’s first commercial product is marketed in Japan. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally. For more information, please visit www.huyabio.com.
The Alliance Manager will be accountable for facilitating the handover from the transaction team, clarifying the key legal and governance ensuring alignment of key terms and expectations to develop a strategic map that captures partnership goals. This individual will maximize the value minimize the risk of one or more partner alliances by providing leadership, active management of a portfolio of programs and build positive relationships with key partners and other alliance stakeholders.
This is an office based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYABIO functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the handover from the transaction team clarifying the key legal and governance aspects, getting everyone on board internally and externally and aligned behind the key terms/expectations of the deal.
- Develop a joint strategic map that captures the partnership goals.
- Monitor contractual obligations and outcomes for both HUYABIO and its alliance partners to ensure mutual objectives are met.
- Ensure every stakeholder from HUYABIO and its strategic alliance partners understand the value envisaged at the time of the deal making and push them constantly towards value creation.
- Actively monitor the economic value of each assigned collaboration, playing a pivotal role in the achievement of financial plans by meeting or exceeding revenue targets for assigned partner(s).
- Lead the negotiations of any and all amendments to the contract as required and agreed upon with partners. Support process for revising contractual agreements as necessary
- Work with Business Development for up-and-coming programs to track and monitor achievement of aligned goals.
- Drive alliance meetings as required both internally and joint partner meetings, including working with project management to develop the agendas, internal briefings, minutes and distribution of relevant materials
- Integrate efforts across HUYABIO’s Business Development, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, etc to meet critical milestones to advance programs built with partners.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or BA in Life Sciences or a related field, advanced degree desired but not required
- Minimum 7+ years of industry experience with 3+ years of proven success in alliance management or a similar role within the Life Sciences sector
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global preclinical and clinical development, and commercialization of products and its processes within the pharmaceutical industry
- Advanced understanding of therapeutic interventions in Oncology and/or cardiovascular diseases
- Exceptional account management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems and operationalize implementable solutions
- Entrepreneurial business approach; thrives in a high growth, rapidly evolving biotechnology environment