Pharmacometrician, Director/Research Leader
We’re seeking a Pharmacometrician to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life as part of our drug discovery group by contributing to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers, as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Ten of the programs we’ve worked on have progressed into preclinical development, with four currently in clinical trials and one approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- A motivated and enthusiastic scientist who enjoys pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) modeling of preclinical and clinical data to inform and influence the path of new drug development
- A good communicator who’s excited about working on multi-disciplinary teams
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to Schrödinger’s drug discovery and development programs across multiple therapeutic areas
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams on both internal and partnered programs to develop quantitative dose- and exposure-response relationships, support the development of in vitro assays and in vivo models, and generate data that inform preclinical-to-clinical and translational PK/PD models, as well as clinical models of patient (sub)populations
- Assist preclinical and clinical teams to design PK/PD studies, perform data analysis, and provide data interpretation, working closely with Discovery Biology, Clinical Pharmacology and Biostatistics colleagues where relevant
- Initially, plan and execute preclinical PK/PD modeling and simulation to support the prediction of human efficacious doses and regimens
- Eventually, develop strategy and conduct clinical PK/PD analysis, including population PK, PK/PD modeling and simulation, meta-analysis, and disease modeling as necessary to aid in dose selection, trial design, and/or program decision-making
- Write modeling reports to support regulatory submissions
What you should have:
- PhD in life sciences, chemical engineering, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences, or a related discipline
- Prior experience (at least ten years preferred) conducting PK/PD modeling in support of drug discovery and development
- Working knowledge of PBPK and familiarity with modeling software such as Simcyp, GastroPlus, MatLab/Simbiology and Phoenix WinNonlin
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.