Process Scientist (Process Characterization)
Regeneron is seeking a new Process Characterization Scientist in the Process Sciences Department of our Industrial Operations and Product Supply (IOPS) Organization in Rensselaer, NY. The successful candidate will conduct new technology assessments in collaboration with the upstream and downstream labs, and the In Process Controls group. The focus of this work will be to increase the fundamental understanding of cell culture processes using process analysis, design of experiments, and analysis of laboratory and historical manufacturing data. This contributes process knowledge to the overall manufacturing system, regulatory filings, and the deviation management system. Candidates should possess a strong background in molecular biology, bioprocessing, and have a demonstrated history of cross-functional internal and external collaboration.
As a Scientist in Process Sciences, a typical day might include the following:
· Identifying technical approaches to improve process characterization study quality and efficiency
· Developing fundamental understanding of cell culture processes using bioinformatics, metabolic flux analysis, design of experiments and historical data analysis
· Coaching and mentoring within and beyond your team to inspire technical growth and quality results for Regeneron
· Collaborating with scientific partner groups to leverage and share insights to achieve the greatest impact
· Staying current with bioprocessing industry process characterization and technology trends
· Identifying, developing, and implementing best in class technologies
This role might be for you if you enjoy:
· Working in a fast-paced biopharmaceutical laboratory environment making medicines addressing serious diseases
· Thinking strategically and adopting good ideas from all sources, then participating, directing, and supporting others to achieve those strategic goals
· Leading with Science – you’ll inspire and empower a team of subject matter experts to address new and existing scientific challenges with cutting-edge experimental and analytical approaches
· Taking on big ideas, making it happen, being great together, and doing what’s right – acting with integrity and empathy along the way, because it’s not just what you do, but also how you do it that matters
To be considered for the Scientist, Process Sciences position you must hold a PhD in life sciences, Molecular Biology, Biomolecular Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field. A deep expertise in cell culture and familiarity with the overall biopharmaceutical manufacturing process is required.
Level will be determined based on experience:
Sr. Scientist requires a minimum of 2+ years
The following experience is strongly desired:
· Experience in bioinformatics
· Experience in laboratory process or data analysis automation
· A deep understanding of statistical methods and statistical process control, mathematical modeling, and reaction kinetics
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and competitive total compensation packages including generous long-term incentives!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.