Scientific Research Program Manager
We are currently searching for a Scientific Research Program Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond quickly to written (email, standard mail, fax, and social media) and telephone inquiries from members of the public, including health professionals, scientists, researchers, patients and family members, and students in a timely, accurate, analytic, and articulate manner.
- Use appropriate program research and other scientific and health information resources to accurately and analytically respond to inquiries on health topics relevant to the NIH, including program research portfolio and related activities.
- Develop appropriate, analytic, and accurate written and oral responses to communicate scientific and health information to the public.
- Stay abreast of program and other news releases, research topics and findings and health information relevant to the Institute and other entities.
- Work independently, collaboratively, and effectively to product high-quality responses to inquiries to program that are up-to-date and responsive to the question.
- Learn, test, use, and manage the customer relationship management system and call center phone system; train staff on those systems.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and other reports for the Institute.
- Collaborate with program staff, including but not limited to, public inquiries and media staff, IT staff, and subject matter experts; participate and propose solutions/troubleshoot in team meetings.
- Collaborate with contractor and Federal staff team members; participate in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Help develop and/or update inquiry response training materials and policy and procedures manuals.
- Identify staff training needs; help to develop and implement training and mentoring programs to address those needs.
- Identify potential areas to improve inquiry response processes as needed.
- Master’s Degree in science and/or science-related and/or public health or public health or scientific communications or policy fields required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience communicating about infectious, immunologic, and/or allergic diseases and/or biomedical research preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform complex searches for health information on the Internet, assess the relevance of the results, and translate relevant findings to the public. Knowledge of Government health information resources; familiarity with PubMed, clinicaltrials.gov and other health resources preferred.
- Experience in responding to inquiries from members of the public and other entities by telephone and through written/email communication preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in software systems, such as Microsoft CRM, and call center telephone systems, such as Clarity Connect, required.
- Familiarity with the Congressional process and/or controlled correspondence a plus.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to complete tasks.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.