Sourcing Excellence Manager-Hybrid
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sourcing Excellence ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will implement supplier improvement programs within key supplier relationships
- Carrying out Global/Regional Sourcing Strategies, mainly within Direct Materials Category
- Continuously align and agree on priorities with appropriate global and regional category managers (GCM/RCM), collaborating on strategic approach for projects, and be the strategic partner for GSS to liaison with business and suppliers
- Document (in Ariba) RFPs and contracts, ensuring process compliance and guide sourcing execution through to implementation, which includes conducting RFPs, negotiating global/regional contracts, and seeing them through the execution process
- Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context
- Serve as a thought partner along with the category managers and drive for innovation and efficiencies across the process to deliver improved outcomes, faster
- Support supplier analysis and market intelligence activities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The analytical professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of Sourcing experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Sourcing experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Sourcing experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sourcing experience
- Combination of: Sourcing in Operations category (Direct Materials), Project Management experience
- Broad knowledge of the market forces crafting a customers business context (e.g. supplier base, legal & regulatory environment, sources of competitive advantage)
- Proven experience in identifying and utilizing full set of sourcing levers to drive value for customers
- Ability to conduct bench-marking to address cost, quality, risk and innovation considerations
- Knowledge of sourcing, contract negotiations, and supplier management
- Reasonable understanding of best in breed eProcurement solutions
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.