Scientist, Cardiovascular Diseases
Reporting to a Director for Research, the Scientist will assist in developing the preclinical data package to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline. The successful candidate will drive the preclinical in vitro and in vivo pharmacology effort to validate the potential of novel mRNA therapeutics in the Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD) therapeutic area. The candidate will lead the biochemistry and cell biology efforts, design and execute experiments, and manage collaborations and CROs, with Bioassay development experience also desirable. Applicants should be outstanding team members and the ability to effectively communicate across internal multi-disciplinary teams and with external partners is required. The candidate will need to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Manage multiple projects of moderate to large size and scope involving cross-functional collaboration within Discovery and across departments. Provide scientific expertise, guidance and strategy to successfully bring programs to Go/No Go decisions.
- Collaborate with a team of biologists to develop, optimize, validate and execute biochemical and/or cellular assays to support drug discovery projects, including assay development, and running of assays for mRNA research.
- Provide high level guidance in designing and implementing cell biology, biochemistry and biomarker related studies for peripheral vascular and coronary heart diseases.
- Develop and manage relationship with collaborators. Have good communication skills, especially be capable of communicating effectively to discuss project progress, interpret and present data.
- Lead external collaborations. Act as a scientific resource providing guidance and mentorship to colleagues.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- A Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Immunology with 0-2 years drug discovery experience at pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO or MS with 5-8.
- Solid background and training in his or her own fields of studies and in conducting research using the latest drug discovery technologies and advances in science.
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
- Preference will be given to candidate with managerial capabilities and good knowledge and experience in molecular biology and or enzymology and track record of making contributions to advance projects from concept to proof-of-concept in vivo onto clinical candidate
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.#LI-AM1