Senior Associate Scientist, Vaccine Analytical Development
Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development – Analytical Development group. The primary purpose of this position is to provide antibody based analytical assay development support for glycoconjugate based vaccines using techniques such as Nephelometry, ELISA, Bioplex and MSD. In addition, the candidate will provide analytical support for routine sample testing.
How You Will Achieve It
Core responsibilities include running assigned samples under moderate supervision within the established timelines using ELISA based assays
- Document all experimental work contemporaneously in either an electronic notebook or paper notebook as required
- Independently analyze data obtained, including any necessary calculations, document results and conclusions and submit notebook to a supervisor or designee for review
- Plan daily workflow to complete the tasks/experiments outlined by the supervisor
- Provide sample testing support for process development, formulation development, critical reagent characterization and for on-going stability studies
- Perform other duties as assigned. This includes maintaining laboratory instruments as necessary according to applicable guidelines and ordering frequently used reagents and materials
- Contribute to authoring technical documents including development reports, analytical test methods, and method qualification reports
- BS in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline plus 2 years of related laboratory work experience
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing timelines and working well in a team setting
- Basic knowledge of antibody-antigen interactions and bioassay analytical techniques is a plus
Standard laboratory conditions – sitting, standing, primarily lab based
Other Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development