Scientist, Analytical Development, Vaccines
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development – Analytical Development organization. The individual will develop separation, spectroscopic, or other analytical assays required for characterization of early vaccine and adjuvant candidates, including proteins, mRNAs, conjugates, or other products. Additionally, the individual will contribute to the design and execution of the qualification and transfer of these assays, as well as analytical testing in support of bioprocess and formulation development.
- Provide lab based separation (e.g., RP-HPLC/UPLC, SEC, IEX, CE) method development and sample testing support.
- Document experiments, analyze data, and provide conclusions obtained from assay development and sample testing experiments contemporaneously in either an electronic or paper notebook.
- Contribute to the design, planning, and execution of method qualification and method transfer studies and contribute to the study report authorship.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with the GLP testing requirements.
- The individual is expected to contribute and participate in general laboratory maintenance activities (e.g. maintenance of equipment, managing laboratory waste, etc.).
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 6 years of relevant work experience is required. OR
- MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 4 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Previous experience developing and utilizing various separation-based analytical techniques (RP-HPLC/UPLC, SEC, IEX, CE) is essential. Experience with applying these methodologies to biomolecules or vaccines is strongly preferred.
- Experience with characterization of mRNA, lipids (lipid nanoparticles, liposomes), proteins, polysaccharide conjugates or adjuvant products is a plus.
- The candidate should be familiar with the ICH guidelines for method validation.
- Proficiency with personal computers including MS Office products and relevant scientific software is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Standard laboratory conditions – sitting, standing, primarily lab based
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
40 hours per week.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development