Manufacturing Associate I
Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT) is a clinical-stage biotech company developing innovative bacteriophage therapies addressing the global crisis of antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. APT is looking for a Manufacturing Associate I to join our biopharmaceutical manufacturing team. The manufacturing team is responsible for amplifying and purifying bacteriophages to be used in a clinical setting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Grow bacterial batch culture and amplify bacteriophages in batch cultures including working with single use disposable bioreactor systems.
- Perform in-process testing of material throughout the manufacturing process.
- Propagate, maintain, and catalogue bacterial cell and bacteriophage lines used for manufacturing of the therapeutic drug product.
- Perform processes for the manufacture and purification of the therapeutic product(s) under approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Prepare analytical lab reports or summaries as required within the necessary time frame.
- Perform in-house microbiological assays for manufactured material and/or clinical trial samples.
- Adhere to the company Quality Management System (QMS) to maintain highly controlled manufacturing processes.
- Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all Manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
- May help in the ongoing development of scale up production/purification processes.
- Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
- Other duties as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, & activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology or a related life science field.
- 1-3 years' experience in a commercial manufacturing environment.
- Will require scheduling flexibility to accommodate varying manufacturing schedules.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 programs.
- Outstanding organizational and technical communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivation, adaptability, positive attitude, and the ability to multitask while under pressure.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required; APT employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on the premises.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job and will be available to the candidate upon request.
***APT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. APT seeks to diversify its work force and is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through the Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Adaptive Phage Therapeutics, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Adaptive Phage Therapeutics can submit their information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you if needed.