Avidity Biosciences is currently seeking a motivated and skilled individual to join our legal team to administer corporate legal processes and manage company agreements. This position requires relevant in-house experience in the legal department of a biotech or pharmaceutical company, although experience with a leading law firm may be considered. The successful candidate will join a growing legal team in the support of all aspects of our business, clinical, corporate, and research goals. This is a full-time position and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.Primary responsibilities of this position will include:· This position has primary responsibility for contract negotiation, management and administration. · Creates, analyzes, updates, and manages Company contract records in a contract management system. · Reviews contract records for completeness and accuracy.
- Completes initial redlines of contracts with escalations to attorneys as required.
Avidity is a newly public company that is rapidly expanding in all aspects of its business. Avidity is a company with a specific focus on biotechnology pharmaceutical research and development and the legal department handles a variety of different relationship types. As such the requirements of this position are not routine, and include:
- A life sciences Bachelor’s degree is preferred, and a paralegal certificate is a plus but not required.
- 4+ years contract/budget management work experience in a pharmaceutical company.
- High degree of ability to navigate unsettled contract issues to find solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to be efficient and timely with work product.
- Excellent communication skills among colleagues and outside parties.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders including colleagues, vendors, CROs, CMOs, service providers, consultants, collaboration partners, and clinical sites in a highly professional manner.
- Comfortable communicating issues and problems and proposing solutions for timely resolution.
- Expressing ideas for continuous improvement.
- Proficient in managing the processes related to contracting and purchasing.
- Familiarity with the life sciences industry, especially in drug discovery and clinical development.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, written and oral communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail and adaptability with new/evolving processes will be key.
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute, and a team-oriented attitude.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe, DocuSign.