HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
The VDI Engineer will be responsible for developing automation to streamline the delivery of Amgens Cloud Desktop VDI service. This role will work closely with the service manager and system owner to translate function requirements into service features, develop features using Python in AWS Lambda, and maintain and refine existing automation.
What we expect of youWe are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is diligent with these qualificationsKey responsibilities:
- Work closely with other team members to define automation requirements and ensure efficient integration with existing service components
- Develop and maintain service automation and management tools using:
- Python, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Athena, Glue, API Gateway
- Supply innovative ideas to address evolving requirements
- Follow and implement software development standard methodologies
- Perform unit and integration testing before production release
- Continually optimize service functions and integrations
- Develop user documentation describing service automation
- Build and maintain development workflows to ensure transparency and code integrity
- Maintain understanding of new and emerging technology and trends
Masters degreeand2 yearsof Information Systems and software, mobile, or web experienceOr
Bachelors degreeand4 yearsof Information Systems and software, mobile, or web experienceOr
Associate degreeand8 yearsof Information Systems and software, mobile, or web experienceOr
High school diploma / GEDand10 yearsof Information Systems and software, mobile, or web experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Excellent communications and team leadership skills
- Proficiency in Python
- Excellent communications and time leadership skills
- At least 2 years of experience developing solutions using AWS
- Familiarity with enterprise data management and reporting
- Understanding of development using REST API
- Ability to implement software development standard methodologies
- Experience with Lambda or Docker, Microsoft PowerShell, Java, and .NET preferred
- Detailed knowledge of Python and experience with Docker or AWS Lambda
- Experience with AWS products including VPC, Dynamo DB, IAM, EC2, and S3
- Competence with PowerShell Scripting for AWS and Active Directory
- Understanding of Windows server administration
- Working knowledge of Desktop Management related technologies and processes, including Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, networking, monitoring, patching, group policy, image development, and sophisticated desktop troubleshooting
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.