Senior Manager, Integrated Insights, Oncology
Title:Senior Manager, Integrated Insights, Oncology
Company:Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Senior Manager, Business Integrated Insights, Oncology serves as the strategic partner to the Oncology Business Unit and Brand Teams by generating customer, market, and product insights derived from primary market research, secondary data and analytics, and competitive intelligence. This position will be involved with the two brands in the portfolio: Onivyde and Somatuline Depot (NET indication) as well as any new oncology assets that are brought into the portfolio. This role reports to the Head of Business Integrated Insights, with dotted line reporting to the Insights Lead, Oncology.
The person in this role is expected to identify, prioritize, execute, and present the analyses needed to make strategic decisions that improve the performance of aligned brands. The role will also measure brand performance, support brand planning, and act as a key stakeholder in developing brand strategy.
The Sr. Manager, Business Integrated Insights, Oncology must have experience with a variety of measurement and research methods, strategic planning, project management, data evaluation, market research, and insight generation. The person in this role will also have a strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business, pharmaceutical marketing, and the role of cross-functional brand partners. This person will interact directly with Marketing, Finance, Forecasting, Value & Access, Sales and Commercial Excellence, Medical, and Patient Services.
This is a critical role in helping the Integrated Insights team to deliver on its mission to provide not only facts and data, but insights and implications that drive growth. This role will directly contribute to the performance of the inline and launch brands in our Oncology portfolio and represent the voices of our stakeholders (patients and HCPs) in making critical business decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work across in-line brands at different lifecycle stages, as well as support potential new assets and launches.
- Collaborate closely with the Integrated Insights team and cross-functional partners across the brand and business
- Support management of budget and definition/execution of scopes of work for all brand insights and analytics needs and requirements
- Drive business need identification, qualification, and resolution while leveraging business analytics and other data-driven resources, for example: regular reporting (managed in collaboration with Analytics), primary and secondary market research, customer intelligence and competitive intelligence.
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- Collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders to process and prioritize new insights and analytics requests, provide feedback on vendor performance, and review data quality assurance policies and procedures
- As appropriate, collect the forecasting inputs, elaborate on forecasting assumptions, and facilitate the forecasting process in collaboration with the Business Analytics Forecasting team
- Participate as a key thought leader of the business planning team by challenging assumptions and identifying key risks and opportunities
- Comply with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
- BA/BS or equivalent experience is required; MBA in a quantitative field is preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of pharmaceuticals and life sciences experience, including at least 2 years of client-side experience in data analytics/forecasting, primary market research, and/or competitive intelligence
- Oncology experience preferred, but not required
- Vendor side experience in primary market research, data analytics, or consulting is a plus
- Demonstrated success using research to drive insights and strategic implications that lead to business decisions
- Thorough understanding of the commercialization of biopharmaceuticals, including brand management, sales planning and execution, market access, and regulatory environments
- Ability to transition easily from data and observations to practical business considerations
- Ability to anticipate internal and external business challenges and recommend process, product, or service improvements
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes, and methodologies
- Clear understanding of the changing healthcare marketplace
- Ability to effectively perform all functions in adherence with legal, compliance, and regulatory guidelines in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to contribute to the development of functional strategy to assist business areas in defining their information strategy
- Significant experience in leading cross functional, matrixed project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Advanced oral and written communication, interpersonal, public relations, facilitation, management, decision making, collaboration, and organizational skills
In order to maintain a safe work environment, Ipsen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against the Covid 19 virus at the time of employment.IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.