Associate Director, Consumer CRM
Associate Director, Consumer CRM Process & Product Lead
The Associate Director, Consumer CRM Process & Product Lead is part of the US CA&O Digital Lab team and will be responsible for playing an integral part of the Consumer CRM team to drive process, strategy and delivery of email projects across the consumer commercial brands on AbbVie’s Digital Marketing Platform. As Email Product Lead this team member is responsible for the Immunology Consumer & Patient franchise group and leads consumer brand team email initiatives, supporting dedicated team leads to support Immunology along with agency and BTS partners to align and execute on email campaigns. This role will focus on tactical execution of the campaign roadmap through its entire life cycle to increase performance and engagement for the brands CRM campaigns. As process lead this role has responsibility to drive development and alignment on an end-to-end operating model with efficient processes that are well understood and socialized and that are optimized over time. This role will provide leadership and support for prospect and patient marketing initiatives leading: · CRM/Digital channel subject matter expertise and best in class operations · Leading implementation success for campaign and optimization initiatives · Championing and sharing with teams the key capabilities and use cases that can be supported by the internal system · Manage and lead Operating model and processes for Consumer CRM campaigns · Evolving the consumer marketing automation platform with new capability rollout, establishing ways of working, best practices, foundational set up, operating models and implementing prioritized use cases · Delivering consistent enterprise usable standard ways of working, including CRM delivery frameworks and tools for use · Working with CRM Operations leadership – to ensure compliance needs, industry impacts to marketing programs and vendor management are supported
As a team leader the Associate Director will manage, coach, and develop the Immunology and patient focused team members to:
- · Learn the business for their respective therapeutic areas/brands
- · Effectively work with multiple departments and agencies throughout project development and
- implementation to keep projects on time and ensure all requirements are met.
- · Proactively manage workload and continuously look for ways to improve brand campaigns to
- meet brands' objectives and goals by reviewing campaign performance, identifying optimization
- opportunities, and communicating them to the marketing team.
- · Develop and maintain project documents, timelines, proofing checklists and status reports.Possess minute-by-minute knowledge of all work in progress, identify risks and ways to mitigate issues.
- · Partner with cross functional / agency teams to create processes to capture requirements, gainapprovals, document metadata and verify data elements needed to execute campaigns.
- · Document change requests, notify the team, and understand timeline implications. Seekstandardization, automation, and process improvement wherever possible to deliver on vision for the team of faster, better, cheaper year over year. Expectations of team delivery includes:
- · On-schedule executions to planned requirements, identifying risks and mitigation strategies to resolve any issues that may arise during campaign set up.
- · Cross agency coordination across all phases of campaign execution to ensure their respective timelines are understood and incorporated into the master campaign plan
- · Accurate and detailed campaign requirements documentation, for example Business Requirements documentation, Deployment Request Forms, Target Audience Spec documents
- · Quarterly campaign audits and campaign performance SLAs
- · Act as a subject matter expert, particularly in the areas of digital marketing and CRM. Provide thought leadership and evaluate emerging digital trends and technologies to determine if they can help enhance AbbVie's ability to reach and engage with customers and drive business results. Identify 2-3 new technology / partners to test and learn each year. Build business case, design / execute pilot, outline success criteria and scaling plan if pilot successful and socialize learnings.
- · Successful delivery of email campaigns to drive brand awareness and patient adherence across customer segments and geographies based on strategies developed by omni—channel CX Planners leveraging these modern platforms.
- · Create, own, and maintain the campaign operations playbook, enhancing our ways of working overtime to further reduce timelines and handoffs to increase speed to market. Ensure all teams executing campaigns, internal and external, are following the playbook which covers capturing/documenting requirements, campaign workflow process, and ensuring we maintain high deliverability rates and socialize across the organization
- · Gather, document, and socialize omnichannel best practices and case studies across the organization. Create governance structure and forum to gather
- · Iterates on email campaigns based on experimentation and testing
- · Collaborates with CX omni channel planners to ensure email campaigns are meeting goals and benchmarks of strategy and plans
- · Develops expertise across email campaign technology and audience analytics and maintains awareness of trends and tactics to drive updates to omni-channel strategy and execution plans
- · Manage and optimize the campaign development process and life cycle from inception to activation
- · Assist in defining product features and benefits for new and existing site functionality and support brand team as the Marketing automation product expert.
- · Work closely with Brand Marketing, Agency partners, data and analytics and other cross functional team members to drive product launches and enhancements and ensure that value propositions,messaging, and marketing activities address unique user needs/pain points.
- · Maintain a pulse of campaign operations to ensure campaigns are delivering as intended and working with the CX operations team
- · Monitor the release process and prioritize the placement of new products or enhancements in a release, balancing organizational objectives, product strategy, and market needs.
- · Oversee organizational project plans tied to release schedule, identifying organizational impact resulting from changes to planned timeline and provide brand Governance leadership.
- · Enable new processes that create efficiency and agility and guide marketers and agencies in new ways of working.
- · User advocate- understands mental models and what motivates actions of the users. Sketch Artist- ability to accurately convey his or her vision through creative mediums
- · Main point of contact with Legal and Privacy to ensure all brand omnichannel programs are compliant.
- · Oversees 3rd partner vendor relationships to deliver omnichannel programs such as HCP email rental vendors
- · Prepares well-organized, clear, and concise communications and sets clear expectations. Conducts quarterly business reviews with leadership ·
- Identify funding needs required and communicate through brand planning and capital planning process.
- · Requires a minimum of 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in a CRM or product management or equivalent role managing large, complex, CRM campaigns(s), Database Marketing, Email, Digital, Direct Mail, 1:1 marketing experience with a proven track record in Account/Response Management
- · Proven track record of launching successful email campaigns and consumer programs
- · Understanding of software testing methodologies and software development life cycle process
- · In-depth knowledge of the product development and evaluation process. Exposure to Agile development a must.
- · Experience rolling out CRM processes and operating models and refining for efficiency and speed · Experience developing journey-based campaigns, hands on implementation experience preferred but not required. Experience with CRM use cases and strategic planning
- · Understanding of A/B and Multi-variate email test design and execution, and analytical tools
- · Comprehensive experience with UX design, customer research, and user experience best practices – including the creation of detailed, annotated wireframes · Knowledge of current marketing automation and email delivery technologies, and familiarity with how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- · In depth knowledge and experience with commercial enterprise Marketing Automation Systems such as: Adobe Marketo, Adobe Campaign, Unica, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), ExactTarget, Unica or other comparable systems.
- · Experience implementing CRM best practices · Knowledge of site analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, SF Datorama and/or Google Analytics · Requires strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to be effective managing through a highly matrixed organization
- · Skills required include business acumen, organizational assessment, creativity, interpersonal skills, and quantitative analytical abilities.
- · Outstanding communicator and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people
- · Results-oriented, self-starter with passion for user experience, technology and digital transformation
- · A strategic mindset that allows you to prioritize projects, launches, and features, and balance immediate requirements with a long-term vision · Experience in pharmaceuticals or another highly-regulated industry preferred, but may not be required for a candidate with an exceptional track record of success in planning & implementing multichannel programs that can apply to AbbVie
- · Ability to work and lead independently initiatives without day-to-day supervision
- · Strong presentation skills to present complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- · Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- · Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
- · Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on digital marketing platforms.o e.g. CRM, email marketing best practices, marketing cloud technology
- · Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
- · Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
- · Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience.o e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
Key AbbVie Leadership Competencies:
- · Positive “all for one” approach to team deliverables and priorities.
- · Builds strong relationships to enable higher performance.
- · Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- · Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- · Creates a learning environment and open to suggestions.
- · Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality