Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accntng
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Director level accounting leader focused on SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and share-based compensation administration. This person will be responsible for leading a team responsible for the company’s external reporting and technical accounting, and will perform hands on technical accounting and SEC reporting tasks and support other finance team members.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lead a team to perform SEC reporting, including preparation of Form 10-K and 10-Q, completion of disclosure checklists, data gathering and footnote preparation, discussing comments on various filing documents, and review of XBRL tagging.
• Support effective preparation of the quarterly earnings releases and other investor relations presentations.
• Ensure all non-GAAP disclosures are consistent and reported in accordance with SEC regulations.
• Perform technical research on complex accounting and reporting topics, such as revenue and leases, and provide recommendations to reporting under US GAAP
• Draft and maintain global accounting policies and memos
• Keep business partners abreast of developments in accounting and financial reporting and related company policies and positions through review of various publications, training sessions, and other forums
• Keep current on changes in business and ensure that the accounting assessment is complete through the master issues tracking process.
• Provide administrative services for shared based compensation plans
• Provide support to external auditors during audits and interim reviews. Coordinate requests new and challenging areas and manage the flow of information and documentation.
• Assist with the maintenance and updating of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 processes and procedures.
• Assist in various stock plan activities as needed
• Other special projects and duties as requested or assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
• CPA Big 4 or large national accounting firm experience
• 8-10 years of relevant experience from public accounting
• Experience working in a corporate financial reporting environment for a large accelerated filer
• Experience working in a technical accounting or similar role
• Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles, with a strong knowledge of SEC reporting regulations, lease accounting, stock-based compensation, and revenue accounting principles
• Experience managing share-based compensation administration
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent project management, oral communication, analytical and written skills
Interpersonal skills & personnel management skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.