Medical Device Pathologist
Inotiv is a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we “Play to Win” in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There’s an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, everyone’s unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people’s lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen. Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.Our team in Fort Collins, CO is now recruiting for a Medical Device Pathologist to join our rapidly growing organization. The right candidate for the role will:
- Have a DVM and Diplomate of ACVP (anatomic pathology) or equivalent qualification.
- Experience interpreting and reporting pathology findings for regulated (GLP) studies, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO environment.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to organize and clearly present complex data and concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, demonstrate consistent productivity, and meet project timelines.
- Medical device pathology experience preferred.
As a Medical Device Pathologist with Inotiv, your specific duties and responsibilities will consist of:
- Providing input from a pathology perspective for new study protocols and to help guide clients and support other employees on the team.
- Overseeing study activities such as necropsy, histology, specialty imaging, and histomorphometry analyses.
- Reporting and interpreting pathology findings in exploratory and regulatory medical device studies including correlating microscopic findings to macroscopic observations and evaluating the tissue interaction with the medical device.
- Conducting pathology peer reviews or participate in a pathology working group (PWG) as needed.
- Providing evaluation of medical devices and medical therapies in a pre-clinical, GLP, contract histopathology setting.
- Occasional involvement in pharmaceutical toxicologic pathology studies may be available, as desired.
- Providing consultation in toxicology and/or pathology related to medical devices.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of pathology literature, best practices, and industry directions.
- Evaluating efficacy studies or animal models of disease; effectively communicate findings to study directors and clients.
- Mentorship will be available; it is expected that the pathologists and other team members will work together to problem solve and find solutions as needed.
This is a full time, salaried position with a pay range of $170,000 - 205,000. Employees at Inotiv are offered a fun, fast paced work environment with competitive pay, benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match, and much more!
Inotiv is an equal opportunity and E-verify employer.