Director, Global Commercial Strategy and Operations
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Everyday, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will support this geographic market's community for our HIV assets that maximize product potential and patient access.
Director, Global Commercial Strategy and Operations
Located in Foster City, CA
As the Director, Global Commercial Strategy and Operations you will lead and drive key strategic initiatives for Gilead's worldwide commercial organization including scoping the approach, forming and leading cross-functional working teams, driving appropriate analyses, managing timelines, and working with leaders to change manage and successfully implement new strategies and processes in alignment with the Global Commercial Strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Commercial Strategy and Operations this role will:
- Targeted focus on driving business results and strategic initiatives through operational rigor, collaboration and cross functional/leadership alignment.
- Support the development and execution of key commercial imperatives in alignment with overall organizational goals and objectives
- Drive ad hoc strategic projects impacting global organization, work with CCO Chief of Staff on annual global commercial strategic plan and priorities
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance and efficiency improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution and support project management of these initiatives.
- Analyze existing data and industry best practices to ensure programs, processes, and initiatives are meaningful and aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans on key initiatives which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones, and assignments of work project responsibilities, schedules, plans, resources, budget, and status reports.
- Champion program management and change management disciplines using tools and enablers to support including decision tracking, file sharing, etc.
- Proactively engage with cross-functional stakeholders to resolve issues, conflicts and interdependencies
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree with 10 years of relevant experience
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader with:
- At least 10 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated cross-functional collaboration and leadership
- Demonstrated ability developing pharma/biotech strategy across a range of commercial topics
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling very ambiguous and complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Deep experience in designing and deploying rigorous processes, tools, templates and governance
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative strategic problem solving from identifying or breaking down issues, identifying options to address, synthesizing insights influencing decisions, and driving to action and resolution
- Skilled facilitator, negotiator and counselor; ability to influence without authority and work successfully with varied audiences and executives
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex situations, illustrate conceptual paths, and facilitate discussions leading to resolution on key issues
- Background in agile teaming or management consulting highly desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.