Head of Emerging Therapies
Ovid Therapeutics is seeking a Head of Emerging Therapies with extensive experience in molecular and genetic therapies to join our Research and Development team and reporting to the VP of Preclinical Research.
- Act as a key member of the Ovid's scientific leadership team in defining the scientific strategy of emerging molecular and gene therapy programs
- Lead and build the capabilities for the discovery and development of therapeutics for treatment of underrepresented and rare seizure and epilepsy disorders.
- Maximize state of the art and novel technologies that support screening, identification and development of therapeutic pipeline
- Build and foster strong relationships with key external collaborators and CROs; identify additional KOLs as needed to support existing and future programs.
- Sets scientific directions for projects and manages priorities of company's early target portfolio.
- Works with scientific leadership team to ensure strategic plans align with corporate goals and long-term company plans.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Business Development diligence for new programs and platforms.
- Contributes to the preparation of presentations, study reports, and regulatory documents and represent Ovid at scientific meetings, research panels and patient group symposiums.
- PhD in neuroscience, molecular biology, genetics, or related discipline with a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the biotech/biopharmaceutical industry; Leveling will be commensurate with experience.
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of development biologics and molecular therapies including RNAi- and ASO-based therapeutics
- Demonstrated record of scientific leadership as evidenced by publications in top-tier journals
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Experienced in managing and developing others.
- Leader and mentor willing to grow and develop the organization's capabilities
- Experience with budgetary planning and setting department goals
- Successful demonstration of initiative, teamwork, collaboration, and technical expertise as an independent and creative scientist
- Able to support PK/PD, safety, and toxicological assessments of non-small molecule therapeutics
- Knowledge and experience in rare genetic disorders and understanding of RNA modulating technologies
- Experience in IND filing and support of regulatory documentation
about ovid therapeutics
If you desire to be part of a tenacious biotech team advancing the future of neuroscience, then Ovid Therapeutics may be the right company for you. Located in New York City and Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ovid aspires to answer big questions about rare disorders of the brain. Applying expertise from successful development programs in rare epilepsies, we partner with patient communities and world-renowned physicians to decode the underlying genetic cause and pathologies of neurological disease. We seek the best modalities to deliver therapy to targets in the brain whether they be small molecules to next-generation platforms. Our duty to patients is as real is it is to our own families. Urgency to serve them propels us to venture where others have not and take calculated scientific risks. When others heed to the hard or unknown, we say, find a way.
who we seek
Exceptional life science professionals who value curiosity, collaboration, community, deep care and courage in decision-making are encouraged to apply.
if you need more reasons to join Ovid:
- benefits competitive with big pharma, without the big pharma bureaucracy
- nimble and creative mentality while being well resourced
- accessible leaders and mentors from the world's leading pharmaceuticals, biotechs and universities
- opportunity to shape the destiny of a company on the frontier of medical science
- the knowledge that patients are waiting for us, and the tools to help them lay in our hands
EEO Statement: OVID Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity employer. All OVID recruiting is conducted in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.