Sr Associate Global Expense
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support the Global Expense Reimbursement program and its related processes. The Global Expense Reimbursement program is part of the Travel & Expense team and the Corporate Services organization. The Senior Associate Global Expense will report to the Manager of Disbursements being responsible for the Global Expense Reimbursement program.
- Deliver value to end-users by providing timely and accurate guidance based on an understanding of the Global Expense Reimbursement Policy and local Expense Reimbursement Guidelines
- Champion operational improvement projects within the Global Expense Disbursements program and in conjunction with stakeholder teams
- Collaborate with the Corporate Card, Global Travel, and Global Meetings Management teams to support cross-functional processes
- Partner with the Global Payments and Global Accounting teams on root cause analysis when errors and anomalies are identified in the SAP Concur Standard Accounting Extract files
- Complete control activities on a recurring basis, including monitoring and review procedures
- Participate in the annual review and update of the Global Expense Reimbursement Policy, U.S. & Puerto Rico Expense Reimbursement Guidelines, and related FAQ documents
- Engage with the Corporate Audit team during the annual CEO Direct Report Expenditure Audit and other periodic reviews
- Implement changes to front-end configurations within Concur, including creating Audit Rules and updating Expense Types
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Global Expense professional we seek is a Sr. Associate with these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Masters degree
Bachelors degree and 2 years of directly related experienceOr
Associates degree and 6 years of directly related experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of directly related experience
- 4 or more years of directly related experience working in Expense or Payables functions at global companies
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner with company management, expense system users, and teams
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and deadlines
- Experience with SAP Concurs expense management tool, including Company Admin and Expense Admin configurations
- Experience with SAPs ERP tool, including the Payables module
- Experience working in Life Sciences or another heavily regulated industry
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and increase your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.