Senior Associate Finance
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role!
Amgen is searching for a Senior Associate, Finance who will play a key role in financial support of the Global Development organization in R&D. The Senior Associate will be part of the R&D Finance team and will help to support financial planning and analysis activities. This role will report to the Senior Finance Manager in charge of Development in the R&D Finance group.Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist in Financial planning and analysis of headcount and operating expenses, supporting the quarterly forecast, annual budgeting, long range plan and monthly close processes for the Development organization
- Support in Providing critical financial insights into new and continuous operational improvement opportunities
- Support finance leadership and functional teams with ad hoc requests and special projects
- Masters degree, OR
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of Finance/Accounting experience, OR
- Associates degree and 6+ years of Finance/Accounting experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8+ years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Prior experience with corporate planning software and strong proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented; excellent analytical and math skills
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and team environment
- Able to take the initiative and work under a minimum of direction
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, improve your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.