Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
We are currently seeking an experienced informatics engineer to develop our informatics processes in support of our early-stage research. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of our scientists through a comprehensive ecosystem of applications and tools to record, and to organize, store, secure, and access data in meaningful ways. You will ensure that our solutions fit into our information ecosystem and ensure the integrity of our data architecture.
You are agile of mind and effectively communicate difficult concepts. You work well within a dynamic environment and possess a deep desire to pursue creative solutions with broad guidance and a high degree of independence. You can partner with R&D leadership and functional area scientists to proactively identify areas of need, design solutions, prioritize work, make “build versus buy” decisions, coordinate pilot studies, ensure appropriate system usage, and regularly report on system metrics and portfolio execution.
What You’ll Do
- Research, evaluate, deploy, and integrate informatics solutions
- Work with project stakeholders to analyze data management needs across R&D functions
- Gather user stories, design applications, implement and integrate systems and guide the functionality of IT systems across the company
- Implement data automation processes
- Ensure that systems are fully documented with system requirements, architectural design, and operational plans
- Coordinate the training and support of end-users on system usage and best practices
- Responsible for application licenses and forecasting annual usage
- Participate in design of enterprise-wide data platform architecture and ensure the systems adhere to that architecture
- Implement data analytics strategy by implementing data warehouse / data lake systems
- Applicable experience in software development and/or systems integration, preferably within a scientific or laboratory environment, especially one that is related to drug development.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working closely with scientific stakeholders to understand their informatics needs, and subsequently defining complex system requirements, scope, objectives, and key results in the context of larger organizational goals.
- Experience working in a life sciences or biopharmaceutical environment such as early-stage research, drug discovery, or other biological sciences discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrated success leading projects and teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary R&D setting
- Experience with ELN, LIMS, scientific data management, compound registration, sample inventory, instrument data capture, assay results, and electronic laboratory notebooks
- Experience with clinical data management and EDC tools
- Experience with programming and scripting languages and platforms like Java, Python
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in documenting detailed software requirements, user stories, business processes, and/or software specifications for both custom and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) systems.
- Experience as part of a very early-stage biotech company
- Demonstrated success working independently on initiatives of high complexity, uncertainty, and risk with minimal guidance and direction.
- Able to present your work, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences including scientific stakeholders, technical teams, as well as research leadership.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.