Manager, Medical Information
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments beginning with SMA.
Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Manager, Medical Information, supports the provision of technical, scientific and Medical Information with high quality empathetic customer service, researches and prepares or supports preparation of responses for medical and scientific inquiries as well as Scientific Response Documents related to multiple or assigned therapeutic areas. The Medical Information manager is also responsible for managing the unique in-house Medical Information Stakeholder Engagement Center.
- Manages Medical Information deliverables.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for Medical Information on our therapy and Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
- Critically analyze and research Scientific Information to formulate thoughtful, accurate and timely responses to unsolicited scientific inquiries.
- Supports the development of Medical Information content (e.g., Standard Response Letters (SRLs), Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) documents and comprehensive literature Searches). Ensures that the created content allows for scientific exchange that is non-promotional, truthful, fair, and balanced.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders where applicable, to ensure that Medical Information activities are aligned with Novartis Gene Therapies (GTx) corporate policies and procedures, as well as healthcare laws and regulations.
- Supports the maintenance and accuracy of Medical Information content accessible via digital channels, such as Med-Info websites.
- Supports insight reports and analyzes trends from Scientific and Medical inquiries received, and shares this with cross functional colleagues as appropriate.
- Supports pharmacovigilance and product supply functions to ensure timely processing of potential safety and product compliant issues.
- Supports the staffing of Medical Information booths at scientific congresses and actively participate in pre-congress preparation meetings and post-congress activities.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- PhD, MD or PharmD.
- At least 2 years of experience in Medical Information; or equivalent experience; Neurology experience preferred, including a residency or fellowship program in Medical Information.
- Biopharmaceutical experience and ability to point to examples including applying IT solutions to fulfill Medical Information requests and manage Medical Information capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional travel (up to 20%) for conferences and meetings.
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Fit with the organizations' culture and values.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all customers and coworkers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.email@example.com.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.