Head of Seqirus Commercial Data and Analytics Capability Delivery
This role will liaise with Commercial business and embedded analytics teams across the CSL Seqirus business unit. The role will be responsible to lead the Seqirus Commercial D&A delivery function.
It has full accountability for the provision of services and is responsible for partnering with the Seqirus commercial team to develop and maintain the strategic data and analytics direction. Specifically, this role will manage Seqirus Commercial Data and Analytics products and ensure a transition to a future state based on Business and Information and Technology (I&T)I&T Strategic imperatives.
The role will report directly into Global Head of Commercial Data & Analytics Capability Delivery within I&T. It is a highly cross functional, working closely with the senior leadership teams from various commercial business groups and I&T groups to ensure success across the integrated Enterprise.
This role will work closely with vendors to augment staff, evaluate and implement D&A technology capabilities and requires a seasoned people and relationship management focused leader.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Participates in short and long-term Seqirus Commercial business or D&A and strategic planning sessions. Provides strategic consultation to business and IT teams for Data and Analytics
- Directs the establishment of and ensures funding for any I&T D&A Portfolio of work with I&T Business partners for Seqirus that integrates with other portfolios to enable delivering an integrated D&A vision for the company.
- Leads the cross functional and partner teams to ensure:
- Collaboration between business and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet Business goals
- Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user, processes and system priorities
- Actively communicate with business or I&T / D&A leaders and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress, risks, and results
- Promotes knowledge of I&T process, roles, and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome
- Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with senior/executive level Seqirus stakeholders
- Be a key partner for the Seqirus IT Business Partner and Commercial Business and Operations teams ensuring I&T is a value-add, specialist service in the domain of Commercial Analytics.
- Act as business engagement & overall Delivery lead for all Data and Analytics technology solutions and products across International Regions for Seqirus.
- Participate in securing sponsorship and funding for projects and initiatives that form part of the Strategy and Plan in partnership with the I&T Seqirus Business Partner(s).
Development / Implementation
- Directs and governs the delivery of the agreed Commercial Data and Analytics portfolio of work and sustainment through vendors, various I&T and business team members
- Ensures D&A solutions support the short-term and long-term Seqirus business or I&T goals/strategy
- Ensures stakeholder’s expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms
- Establish and lead cross functional teams to deliver and support the defined D&A products and services. Manage partner and vendor execution and run teams to ensure contract delivery.
- Put into place the appropriate organization and process to provide operational support for technology solutions across multiple commercial Analytics capabilities
- Expedite the resolution of escalated D&A technology and service issues
- Represents the I&T data delivery team in the governance structures around the Data and Analytics Strategy & Planning for Seqirus commercial.
Leadership & Management
- Collaborates with D&A domain areas to provide awareness of key business or D&A solutions and data quality and metadata capture and management.
- Develops, motivates, directs D&A team members & vendors and fosters a team environment
Bachelor’s Degree or above in Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience leading Data and Analytics Development and Operations
- Deep understanding and implementation experience on integration technologies like Informatica, AWS Glue and understanding on Analytical and Visualization technologies like Tableau and Power BI
- Demonstrates strong technical understanding of Datawarehouse process, develop cloud implementation methodologies.
- 5+ years in Pharma Commercial
- 8+ years’ experience of stakeholder management (5+ at senior levels)
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Willingness to learn and roll-up their sleeves to deliver quality capabilities to business teams
Nice to Have:
- Azure & GCP Cloud implementation experience
- Data Management experience in Pharma Domain, including knowledge of external data sources e.g. IQVIA, Distributer data, Komodo
- Has developed Data and Analytics Roadmaps and strategies across business and/or IT
- Experience of Agile methods, with proven ability to apply these to a data and analytics environment
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management, dealing with senior management up to executive level
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams and locations
- Excellent at interpersonal skills and relationship development
- Strong business acumen
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities from various business groups and prioritize them based on the business requirements and resource availability.
- Experience in implementing and leading change management
Customer Orientation (Internal/External):
- Creates companywide strategies to stay ahead of industry-related changes. Drives alignment across the enterprise in order to serve customer needs. Spends time internally and externally with customers and stakeholders and genuinely seeks to understand their needs
Enterprise Results and Value Orientation:
- Looks for outcomes that maximize the benefits for the enterprise, not just their department or function. Pursues value realization for the enterprise even if their function does not benefit
Collaboration and Influencing:
- Champions a culture of inclusiveness and teamwork
- Collaborates effectively with others and influences all stakeholders towards enterprise outcomes. Embraces conversations needed to deliver enterprise value
- Global perspective. Takes a broad view when approaching issues. Sees ahead to future possibilities & translates to breakthrough strategies. Collaborates to influence strategies of others and adapts own strategy towards enterprise value
- Mobilizes others to initiate change; builds group momentum for change; embeds culture of change. Aligns change to enterprise strategies and direction
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
CSL Behring LLC will provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of membership in a legally protected class, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or handicap/disability.
CSL Behring is committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a part of our everyday business.About Us
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!