EHS programs are core pillar of our project execution strategy with a focus on Employee Health and Wellbeing, Safety by Design and Environmental Sustainability. If you've ever worked at a facility and thought, “If only I could have influenced the design it could have been so much better”, then we want to talk to you! The EHS Specialist will help champion the development of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability programs to eliminate risk through the design process, execute sustainability initiatives to minimize environmental impact and establish a world class culture of EHS.
Responsibilities will transition throughout the project phase to include EHS by Design, use of 3D modeling for risk identification and improvement, execution of process hazard assessments, support of FAT\SAT\Validation\Start-up and transition into a long term, permanent operation role. This position reports to the Head of EHS and Sustainability.
- Drive EHS by design standards and facilitate design development in collaboration with engineering and Fujifilm disciplines
- Support innovation in collaboration with the design sustainability team to identify key environmental drivers, identify best in class, out of the box reduction solutions and champion integration into the design.
- Participate in process hazard assessments (PHA) as EHS subject matter expert to identify points of concern, establish mechanisms of control and ensure actions are both incorporated by design and meet intent during start-up.
- Establish, implement, promote, and maintain the Environmental Health program for the site.
- Serve as EHS SME to ensure timely response to questions from process stakeholders.
- Support development of site permits and policies necessary to start-up and operate facility.
- Provides EHS and Sustainability orientation and training
- Instruct or coach other professionals
- Progressive thought processes with a focus on out of the box, collaborative thinking and teaming
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Heath, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Robust knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety regulations
- Execution of EHS program development and implementation
- Ability to interpret regulations and transpose into functional program requirements and execution documentation
- Pharmaceutical, manufacturing or equivalent industry required.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience including experience at a manufacturing site.
- Prior experience in greenfield operations or start-up of new facilities
- Ability to read P&ID's and other design documentation
- Biopharmaceutical, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, Finished drug product or GMP experience
The Company requires that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
FDBN works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email email@example.com.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind wll be paid.