Senior Manager Lead, Data Architect for R&D
The Senior Manager Lead Data Architect for R&D is responsible for working with other members of Data Architecture team and bringing together data architecture, governance, security and compliance capabilities for R&D. Working closely with multiple R&D teams across CSL, this position plays a key role in pivoting standard data and information architecture. As the lead data architect work with members of R&D, and datasets within R&D to understand the needs and come up with a framework to support R&D strategy at CSL. This person will participate in enterprise data architecture strategy, solutions, integrations, data modelling standards, and processes required to support I&T strategy effectively and efficiently.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Actively participate in R&D data architecture approach including data warehousing, database architecture, ETL pipelines, data modeling, data standards, and data quality.
• Participate in development of reference data architectures and capabilities.
• Identify the data assets that are deemed significant to R&D, as determined by business impact and decision impact.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to align R&D data strategy with enterprise data strategy
• Ensure governance around data, data standards, best practices and KPIs.
• Participate in analyzing high-level design patterns and best practices at CSL.
D&A Platform Implementation:
• Hands-on participation in preparing conceptual and logical data models and implementing them into physical data models.
• Provide architectural blueprints and support for R&D teams.
• Support adoption of D&A platform, enterprise governing principles around analytics platforms.
• Participates in troubleshooting day-to-day issues around data and analytics.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant
7+ years of experience in data architecture
5+ years of experience in Cloud Data Architecture
5+ years of hands-on experience with tools like Informatica full-stack
3+ Experience in designing developing and architecting secured data deployments in public cloud
- Ability to work across a range of countries and cultures.
- Ability to work with industry thought leaders.
- Customer Orientation (Internal/External): Creates companywide strategies to stay ahead of industry-related changes. Drives alignment across the enterprise in order to serve customer needs. Spends time internally and externally with customers and stakeholders and genuinely seeks to understand their needs.
- Enterprise Results and Value Orientation: Looks for outcomes that maximize the benefits for the enterprise, not just their department or function. Pursues value realization for the enterprise even if their function does not benefit.
- Collaboration and Influencing: Champions a culture of inclusiveness and teamwork. Collaborates effectively with others and influences all stakeholders towards enterprise outcomes. Embraces conversations needed to deliver enterprise value.
- Strategic/Innovative: Global perspective. Takes a broad view when approaching issues. Sees ahead to future possibilities & translates to breakthrough strategies. Collaborates to influence strategies of others and adapts own strategy towards enterprise value.
- Change Management: Mobilizes others to initiate change; builds group momentum for change; embeds culture of change. Aligns change to enterprise strategies and direction.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
CSL Behring LLC will provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of membership in a legally protected class, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or handicap/disability.
CSL Behring is committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a part of our everyday business.About Us
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!