Field Applications Specialist, North Germany
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
PacBio is looking for an experienced Field Application Specialist (FAS) with a strong customer focus to train and support customers in Northern Germany.
Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Pacific Biosciences (PacBio) is creating the world's most advanced sequencing technologies. Our latest instrument, the Sequel IIe, provides a unique combination of accurate and long DNA sequencing (HiFi sequencing) which generates the most complete picture of the genome. HiFi sequencing is helping generate scientific insights that are not possible with other sequencing technologies.
This position is an opportunity to join our world class service and support team and learn the technology from its core. The position of Field Application Specialist is part of an account management team composed of sales and service colleagues with the common goal to ensure the success of our customers. Your role will be to train and enable our growing user base in the successful use of PacBio's protocols and applications and to overcome any challenges. You are part of a highly performing and team driven service and support organization. The candidate is partnering with customers and colleagues from sales, support, marketing, or product-development to drive utilization of HiFi sequencing in his territory. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced commercial environment and needs to be highly self-motivated and organized.
The position requires the candidate to be home-based and domiciled in Northern Germany, preferably in or around Berlin. It is mandatory to have quick access to a major airport for travel within the EMEA region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high quality scientific and applications support to customers in Northern Germany to ensure successful use of PacBio's sequencing instruments.
- Deliver effective trainings to enable new users and ensure adoption and implementation of the technology in routine lab work.
- Help customers to implement new and specific applications.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments.
- Perform troubleshooting and employ customer management skills to effectively resolve technical challenges and maintain confidence.
- Contribute to account planning and management as part of local commercial team and in line with a regional strategy.
- Drive and increase instrument utilization to achieve territory commercial targets.
- Ensure successful completion of key consumables projects and pilot studies to help drive sales.
- Provide best in class support to key account users to become highly proficient in performing HiFi sequencing workflow and its applications.
- Deliver high quality presentations of SMRT sequencing technology and its applications to external audiences in a competitive environment.
- Communicate and coordinate work in a cross functional manner to ensure successful completion of beta tests and implement early access programs of new products and protocols.
- Travel 50% time or more, with occasional visits to headquarters in California and in London.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written German and English
- Excellent customer facing communication skills both in a pre- and post-sales context
- Highly motivated and able to work independently in a home office-based position
- Comfortable engaging with customers in the EMEA region and with PacBio teams in Europe and the United States
- Ability to build strong and lasting customer relationships
Ability to work in a strong team driven and highly performing organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Highly self-organized and responsive.
- Minimum of a Master's degree, Ph.D. preferred, in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related Life Science field.
- Scientific experience in molecular genetics, molecular biology and laboratory techniques
- Hands-on experience in workflow of next-generation DNA sequencing and / or single molecule sequencing is a requirement.
- Proficiency in conducting scientific presentations to external audiences is required.
- Experience in a field-applications support role (both, pre- and post-sales) in the EMEA region would be a benefit but is not a condition.
- Familiar and used to working through CRM tools would be a benefit.
- Experience in project management and account management is beneficial.
- Familiar with the sales process and used to develop account strategies would be a benefit
- Experienced in conducting wet lab trainings, and in implementation of DNA sequencing instruments and assays in a lab environment.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience with bioinformatics tools to analyze next-generation sequencing data would be a benefit, knowledge of bioinformatics tools of single molecule sequencing data (SMRT analysis) would be ideal.
- Experience of a diagnostic or regulated work environment would be a benefit
- Valid and clean driver's license is a requirement
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.