BioPharmaceutical Account Manager - Neurology - Detroit, MI
Territory: Detroit, MI - Neurology
Target area for territory is Detroit - will consider candidates who live within 40 miles of territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Territory boundaries include: Rochester, Woodhaven, Detroit and Plymouth, MI.
Are you a results-driven pharmaceutical sales professional looking to be part of a collaborative, agile and patient-focused organization? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. It is a very exciting time to join our team as we lead the way in creating positive customer experiences and introduce a new product to the market!
As a BioPharmaceuticals Account Manager, you lead the promotion of our new infusion product, driving demand creation by providing comprehensive clinical knowledge, executing sales and marketing strategies in the local market and partnering to deploy approved services necessary to meet the needs of each account/customer. Our Account Managers are adept at executing against the toughest commercialization challenges in today’s rapidly changing environment and must demonstrate strong capability in the following areas:
Business Planning & Account Leadership - Ability to use digital tools and apply customer and data-based insights to build opportunities, develop strategy & tactics and prioritize resources to enhance territory effectiveness in competitive markets.
Selling - Deliver messages in a clear and compelling way to customers, effectively probe customer needs to handle objections, and close every call with a commitment to action to drive changes in behavior. Engage with multi-disciplinary customers using a total office call approach to communicate value proposition of a new delivery method.
Customer Development - Entrepreneurial mindset to gain access, build and maintain productive internal and external relationships through effective communication and collaboration based on customer needs and organizational goals.
Payer Access - Ability to grasp sophisticated reimbursement and distribution processes in a complex coverage landscape. Anticipates and communicates impact on product portfolio to key internal and external partners and effectively addresses payer access issues (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) using Lundbeck resources.
Local Market & Therapeutic Area Expertise - Gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages, and apply comprehensive therapeutic knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities. Demonstrates a clear and detailed understanding of the disease state and its impact on customers and patients including the full range of treatment options available.
Pharmaceutical Environment/Compliance - Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products. Ability to apply knowledge of overall healthcare economy and industry practices. Accountability and adherence to corporate, FDA, and PDMA guidelines.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of Specialty Sales experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, Biologics or Medical Device
- Ownership and accountability for the development and execution of a fully integrated account plans
- Self-starter, with a strong work ethic and outstanding communication skills
- Proven track record of consistent sales performance
- Must demonstrate the intellectual capacity to score highly on disease and product training exams, including being certified on product knowledge annually
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Must live within 40 miles of territory boundaries
- Driving is an essential duty of this job; must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck.
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious accommodation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Infusion/rare disease sales experience in both the Outpatient Infusion setting and Specialty Pharmacy channel with a strong understanding of pricing and reimbursement.
- Neurology experience specific to migraine
- Experience in both the medical or specialty pharmacy benefit market
- Experience working with high influence customers in physician clinics, integrated health systems, infusion centers and alternative sites of care
- Product launch or expansion experience, particularly in a new therapeutic class
- Strong analytical background, and experience using sales data reporting tools to identify trends
- Strong leadership through participation in committees, job rotations, panels and related activities
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% - 40% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) typically attend 4-8 internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.