Associate Director/Director, IT
Theseus Pharmaceuticals is passionately committed to improving the lives of cancer patients by working to outsmart cancer resistance. Led by a team of targeted oncology pioneers with a proven track record developing and commercializing cancer therapeutics, we are developing the next generation of tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs): “pan-variant” targeted therapies that address all known drug-resistant mutations. We believe a pan-variant approach is the only way to address cancer resistance. Our lead program, THE-630, is a pan-variant KIT inhibitor for patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), whose cancer has developed resistance to earlier lines of kinase inhibitor therapy. We are also developing a fourth-generation, selective epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor to address C797S-mediated resistance to first- or later-line osimertinib treatment in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
For more information, visit theseusrx.com .
Role: Associate Director/Director, Information Technology
The Associate Director/Director of Information Technology (“IT”) will report to the CFO, lead and drive the long-term strategy for the Theseus IT systems with an emphasis on security, productivity, and scalability. This position will manage and build Theseus’ IT capabilities and act as a trusted advisor to the business to proactively identify technology needs and implement effective solutions. The Associate Director/Director of IT will be responsible for all aspects of corporate IT infrastructure, networking, and data security and must have a proven track record of building relationships formed upon trust, credibility, and impact in support of a rapidly growing and integrated biotechnology company.
Who are we looking for?
- You are an energetic and passionate Information Technology professional who is strategic, likes to think outside of the box, challenge the norm, and is passionate about the company’s mission of discovering and developing new medications
- You are a resourceful self-starter, take a hands on approach, and are a team player with a strong results-based orientation
- You can develop trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results at all levels of the organization
What are we looking for?
- A driven professional who knows how to work and contribute to an ever-changing working environment
- A collegial individual who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in the finance, research, development, clinical and administrative areas of the company, as well as Theseus’s external partners, vendors, and consultants
- A willingness to learn new things, adapt to new ways and go with the flow
- A person who thrives in a small company atmosphere
- Ability to maintain established deadlines
What are we offering?
- Membership within a growing, CARING and collegial organization
- Being part of passionate, involved, supportive team
- High visibility in a small organization
- Opportunities to advance within the Company
What you will do:
- Define and implement the Theseus IT strategic roadmap working closely with business leaders to identify present and future IT needs
- Responsible for leading the organization's goals, objectives, and strategic direction to identify opportunities for technology solutions across various departments. Partner with business to define the requirements for new solutions and ensure solutions implementation meet the business needs including comprehensive deployment support, training, user support, and metrics to evaluate value delivery
- Establish and build relationships with vendors, including evaluating vendor capacity and security and leading negotiations relating to all IT needs. Manage external help desk and external IT vendors and ensure that end users receive optimal support to maximize their productivity
- Oversee and enforce IT policies, procedures and associated plans for security, data center, and infrastructure based on industry-standard best practices as well as SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, PHI, FDA, and privacy requirements
- Own and manage the IT infrastructure build-out of our new corporate headquarters
- Strategically plan and ensure implementation for updates and maintenance of all IT infrastructure needs with minimal impact on end users
- Oversee security of systems, networks, and enterprise information. Complete regular cyber security assessments and IT security audits and investigations. Define gaps, identify solutions, and implement, as needed.
- Manage purchasing of hardware and software products and management of software and support licenses.
- Prepare and manage detailed IT budgets and resource plans to enable the company to meet its short-term and long-term goals
What you will bring:
- BS in Computer Science or related field required
- 5+ years of hands-on IT leadership and
- 7 years of IT business partner experience, within the Biotech/Pharma industry
- Experience managing and implementing IT solutions in a start-up public biotech environment
- Experience building and scaling IT infrastructure to support a small company in high growth mode
- Comprehensive knowledge of essential IT functions including network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, ERP, disaster recovery, security, telecommunications, and vendor management
- Experience leading IT teams consisting of onsite resources, contractors, consultants, and managed services providers
- End-to-end solutions implementation experience, including identification, deployment, roll-out, training and user support
- Experience migrating/upgrading technologies enterprise-wide
- A proactive partner with the demonstrated ability to confidently engage with key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business' evolving IT needs, develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions
- Ability to identify and deploy solutions to enhance the effectiveness of a complex, scientific, data driven organization
- Superior organizational, planning and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and written/verbal communication skills
- Collaborative work style in a hands-on team-oriented environment
Transparency: We work with honesty, openness, and integrity.
Community: We collaborate and thrive together.
Patient-Focused: We are committed to finding new medicines for patients.
Resolve: We never give up on our mission.
When You Join Theseus Pharmaceuticals You Will Have:
- Location reachable by public transportation (Red Line)
- Customized and competitive health coverage, including medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision
- Health Savings Account for medical expenses
- Eligible from the first day for 401K with 100% match of the first 5%
- A robust package of Theseus-paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Unlimited time off and 11 Holidays
- Winter Break: Theseus is closed for a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
Location: Cambridge (Kendall Square), MA
Candidates should be aware that Theseus Pharmaceuticals requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. Theseus is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Theseus Pharmaceuticals is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Theseus about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Theseus via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Theseus unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Theseus for this position and a valid agreement with Theseus is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Theseus agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.