HR Business Partner
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Partner with managers and leaders to advise and support all activities related to organizational talent, design, and development. Reporting to the Sr. Director/Director HR, this position will be part of a fully integrated HR team, playing a key role in developing the HR Business Partner function to support our Drug Discovery, Engineering and G&A teams.
Curious, innovative, and energized by the challenges of joining a fast-growing company, you are seeking an opportunity to put your experience and expertise to use by joining our early-stage HR team. You will play a significant role in shaping Eikon’s culture, talent strategies and business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as an advisor and partner to managers/leaders on the development and execution of long term organizational and people strategies required to achieve its business objectives; translate workforce needs into talent and development plans; support managers and leaders in building internal capabilities and creating a strong culture aligned with Eikon’s values.
- Provide advice and counsel on organizational effectiveness and change management; partnering with leaders to ensure that actions and plans enable the Eikon culture to evolve as we rapidly grow the organization.
- Serves as a coach to both people managers and department leaders on onboarding, engagement, team dynamics, performance management, skill development, rewards & recognition, and employee relations.
- Partners with HR colleagues and Eikon managers in the design, development and implementation of HR practices and processes.
- Keeps current on external trends, developments, or activities that could impact talent, organizational effectiveness, and culture.
- Brings talent and energy to the development of a top HR organization.
- BA/BS required, graduate degree in HR or related field, a plus.
- 5-8 years of HR experience in HR roles of increasing responsibility; including at least 5 years of experience in HR Business Partnering.
- Strong experience in integrating culture into people processes and programs.
- Experience in a growing organization with responsibility for creating solutions and processes where none had existed previously.
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization including at the executive level, and to do so with confidence and poise while also moving the conversation to clear, agreed upon outcomes.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.