Academic Sales Strategy Director
We’re seeking an Academic Sales Strategy Director to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Sales team, you’ll be responsible for growing revenue based on our software solutions and services for academic and governmental institutions in a territory that encompasses the US. We’re expanding our offerings beyond cutting-edge computational chemistry software into areas of materials science, biologics, enterprise informatics, databases, and visualization. Your efforts to grow current academic customer relationships, create new business opportunities for embedding computational chemistry into university teaching curricula, and expand site-wide access to these approaches will make you an integral part of this exciting expansion.
Who will love this job:
- A customer-oriented problem-solver who can handle negotiation, terms, procurement, and solution implementation
- An excellent communicator and team player
- A self-sufficient multi-tasker with good organizational skills who can perform well under pressure
- A highly-motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
What you’ll do:
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business
- Nurture and grow existing academic accounts
- Work with account management, education and application science teams to support accounts’ needs
- Produce timely and accurate business reports and revenue forecasts
- Travel to customers, as well as represent and promote Schrödinger at conferences
What you should have:
- A degree in life sciences or business
- At least five years of experience in Account Management or Business Development in the scientific software (or related) industry
- Outstanding customer relationship and management abilities
- Familiarity with computational chemistry software is a plus
- Experience with CRM tools (Salesforce, Netsuite) is a plus
Reports to: Head of US Sales
Location: Cambridge, San Diego or Portland
Pay And Perks
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.