Sanguine Biosciences is accelerating personalized medicine research by empowering patients with their healthcare data and making it as easy as possible for them to participate in the medical research process. We partner with patients and pharmaceutical companies to accelerate precision medicine R&D by securely and efficiently collecting and providing patient samples and relevant health data. We are helping thousands of researchers at 20 of the top 40 global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies increase the speed and quality at which they are conducting their research. For the past two years, Sanguine received the prestigious designation as a “Great Places to Work” company. It is an exciting time; our biotech company is growing quickly and needs the best team members to join us.
About the Role:
The Materials and Inventory Coordinator role is a full time position based in Waltham, MA. It is a great opportunity to enter into the biotechnology, clinical study, and biospecimen lab kitting fields with continued growth potential within the company. We provide robust training and development designed to accelerate your knowledge and learning, so you can succeed in a high performing environment.
The Materials and Inventory Coordinator is experienced, motivated, organized and accountable to perform (physical – lifting/carrying up to 75lbs, electronic, verbal, written and technical) job tasks, in a prioritized manner, independent from a managerial direction, with appropriate follow-up to internal customers. Works closely with the logistics manager and clinical operations staff to accomplish study-specific goals within designated timelines. This role reports to the Associate Director of Field Operations.
- Assist with inventory of supplies upon receipt, maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Maintain organized and safe storage conditions in alignment with Good Lab Practices (GLPs).
- Development and printing of shipping labels.
- Assemble biospecimen kits.
- Prioritize kit shipments.
- Proactively mitigate risks with kitting and kit shipments, ensuring mobile staff have additional supplies to cover any missing items in kits.
- Manage and fully resolve with complete follow up, any issues or errors with the kitting process or kit shipments.
- Communicate with mobile staff to distribute necessary kits.
- Provide email communications to mobile staff (phlebotomists and RN's) regarding kit shipments and sampling procedures.
- Liaise with the Logistics manager daily to ensure prioritization of tasks is reviewed and remain adaptable to frequent changes in kitting and kit shipments.
- Take delegated assignments with oversight from inventory manager
- College graduate or current college student preferred (Life Science degree preferred ie-Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- Experience in a lab environment, clinical trial environment, healthcare research, regulated-science field, or similar. Biospecimen kitting, Biospecimen shipments, Biospecimen kitting lists, lab experience/lab tech
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated ability using clinical research databases, electronic data capture, and Excel. Shipping databases such as Fed-Ex, etc, Dymo Label writer, and Brady Cryovial label maker.
- Excellent professional writing and communication skills
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently
Sanguine is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.