Lab Technician II
Lab Technician II
San Diego, CA
Sanguine Biosciences is accelerating personalized medicine research by empowering patients with their healthcare data and making it as easy as possible for them to participate in the medical research process. We partner with patients and pharmaceutical companies to accelerate precision medicine R&D by securely and efficiently collecting and providing patient samples and relevant health data. We are helping thousands of researchers at 20 of the top 40 global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies increase the speed and quality at which they are conducting their research. For the past two years, Sanguine received the prestigious designation as a “Great Places to Work” company. It is an exciting time; our biotech company is growing quickly and needs the best team members to join us.
About the Role:
The Lab Technician II will be responsible for the processing and testing of various blood samples. Sample processing will include, but is not limited to: PBMC, T, B, & NK cell isolations, cell counting, aliquot preparation, and proper storage. Initial samples will be from both Leukopaks and clinically collected blood samples or its derivatives. This role will also require experience with LIM systems and commercial laboratory operations, including the internal communication of project details with Sanguine personnel as well as the ability to properly address client questions and concerns.
Biorepository Maintenance and Sample Processing
- Perform processing of blood based biospecimens primarily for the isolation of PBMCs and their cellular subsets, from sample arrival through processing, aliquoting, and storage. PBMC experience is a MUST have for this role.
- Perform research grade testing human biospecimens pertaining to infectious disease panels or HLA typing.
- Perform general cell culture work pertaining to the counting of cells and calculation of cell viability and distribution.
- Monitor freezers (temperature monitoring, issue logs, maintenance, freezer space & organization)
- Support and perform basic troubleshooting of processing and sample storage equipment.
- Other job functions as assigned.
Clinical Laboratory Management and Client Troubleshooting
- Perform duties pertinent to a commercial laboratory, including, but not limited to: preparing samples for shipment, altering procedures based on client requests, ensuring timelines are met, answering specific client questions.
- Ensure that materials and reagents are being purchased in accordance with budget and capacity.
- Ensure and enforce safety compliance, regulations, and SOPs.
- Perform regular certification of equipment to verify conformance to industry standards and procedures.
- Retrieve samples from storage and properly prepare them to be shipped to the client depending on project schedules.
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience in one of the following fields: chemical/biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, or equivalent.
- Experience with mammalian blood samples is highly preferred.
- Experience processing human leukopaks is highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Knowledge of process or utility equipment/system maintenance.
- Must be able to work in a BSL-2 Lab setting with biohazards /various chemicals.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPEs.
- Must be available to work on weekends if needed.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Sanguine is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.