Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
This role provides foundational HR process & program support, and supports client groups by applying HR solutions from a defined set of alternatives, including but not limited to the following areas: organizational and structure changes, employee relations issue management, talent management, leadership coaching, performance management, HRIS systems, reporting and other business needs as required.
The associate in this position is expected to possess a clear understanding of the fill finish operations. This position involves aseptic fill operations using isolator technology, visual inspection, labeling, and packaging as per GMP regulations. The candidate will also be interacting with cross-functional departments to troubleshoot, request materials, and to overcome challenges in meeting the production schedule. Previous experience in cGMP is required.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Execute daily tasks such as washing and sterilizing vials and filling components for use in production operations. Perform area clearance on equipment and rooms that involve cleaning, and integrity testing pre/post production.
• Perform Aseptic filling operations and dynamic monitoring/sampling inside various isolators.
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
• Record Activities in production batch records, and equipment logbooks as well as updating and/or authoring SOPs.
• Review documentations and check all calculations.
• Maintain an inventory of manufacturing supplies and order additional materials as necessary.
• Assist in activities related to other onsite departments such as the execution of validation protocols.
• Comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental policies promoting a safe workplace to prevent or reduce injuries.
• Perform tasks under minimal supervision, and within tight time lines to meet production schedule.
• Report any unexpected observations and suggest possible explanation and resolution.
Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• BS/BA in Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline
• 2-4 years’ experience in a GMP facility or High School Diploma and at least 4 years’ experience in a GMP facility.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Previous experience working with aseptic technique and good documentation practices preferred.
• Must be able to follow cGMP regulations during operations including adherence to written procedure and contemporaneous documentation.
• Must be able to record data accurately and legibly.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to perform in a team setting in a controlled environment for long periods of time.
• All candidates must pass a 20/20 ear sighted vision screening and color blindness test.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.