Head of Analytical Immunology
You will develop global strategy, completing projects in the field of analytical immunology and immune assay development and evaluating projects within Seqirus and external opportunities. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Pre-clinical Research, the Analytical Immunology Head will manage the Analytical Immunology group and be a member of the Research Leadership Team with control of the Analytical Immunology budget. You will serve on teams to provide scientific input on core projects at preclinical and early clinical stages with us.The Role
- Manage the development of new immunological assays relevant to the assessment of vaccine immunogenicity for new disease targets and those targeting alternative effector mechanisms potentially relevant to vaccine efficacy.
- Collaborate with Clinical Immunology & Microbiology group to improve existing and novel assays for use in compliant environment and high throughput systems.
- Build a world class analytical Immunology group and oversee analytical Immunology budget.
- Oversee daily activities, such as planning experiments with the team and analyze results in context of the project.
- Assure organization is compliant with policies and that the team continues development.
- Create and support generation of IP for core projects.
- Develop detailed scientific analytical strategy for research activities applying to both global projects and local activities.
- Present plans at relevant forums to receive approval where needed.
- Contribute to the activities of governance entities through scientific evaluation of projects,
- Contribute to Research Leadership Team group planning
- Maintain a high level of awareness of scientific developments and the competitive environment to assist with strategic re-evaluation of ongoing programs.
- Establish and foster a high quality, global network with relevant experts.
- Lead scientific interactions with external partners to ensure world class scientific recognition and scientific support of internal programs.
- Publish high quality publications.
- PhD in Immunology or relevant discipline or postdoctoral training on immunology
- Minimum 10+ years' experience relevant to vaccine design and assessment in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry or relevant biomedical research organization
- Excellent reputation within targeted focus areas of research, immunology especially influenza or other respiratory diseases
- Well established relationships into scientific and medical communities and the ability to develop professional networks
- Management experience over research projects and targets; relate to upper management, customers, staff and external partners
- Experienced in developing talent through teamwork and leadership of others, with streamlined execution and new ideas in a matrix team environment, and in a global business
- Excellent change management skills
- Experience leading and driving complex global research projects
- Can identify and engage internal and external expertise
- Demonstrate scientific curiosity, a high level of engagement and personal initiative.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, and PTO available from your first day of hire.About Us
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!