Senior Laboratory Manager
Come join us and build the lab of the future! Reporting to the Head of Research Operations, you will be an important and visible member of the Research team. Join us in our new 140,000 square foot Waltham Lab. As the Senior Laboratory Manager, you will support the lab-based Research team to lead development of important projects/products. You will manage a research laboratory to develop vaccine and related technologies. Your activities are the management of laboratory instruments and development of procedures to improve laboratory functioning, managing use of space, maintenance and repairs of laboratory equipment, and support lab safety. Your role will work with Research team members, vendors, other lab-based functions across the network including coordinating activities with the Technical Development (TD) lab team.The Role
- Support efficient laboratory operations and maintaining accurate and up-to-date procedures. This includes daily operations in the lab and addressing of challenges that arise in the course of research.
- Work with company partners (Finance, Procurement, management) to assure proper support of the Laboratory including close collaboration with materials management to ensure efficient support of lab operations with needed materials and supplies for us.
- Work with vendors to assure vendors support the laboratory workers though instrument maintenance, compliance and troubleshooting for us.
- Partner with the Technical Development team to develop site-wide operational efficiencies in the new Waltham, MA facility.
- 5+ years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Postgraduate degree (preferably MSc or PhD) or experience in relevant discipline is ideal
- Experience scientific achievement in relevant Life Sciences discipline
- Main knowledge of biopharma laboratory functions
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices is necessary
- Knowledge of BSL2 operations and regulations is important; knowledge of BSL3 operations
- Vendor management skills
- Manage budgets and aid in the budgeting process
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, and PTO available from your first day of hire.About Us
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!