Research Associate I/II, Analytical Testing (CONTRACT)
Manager: Director, Analytical Methods Development
Department: Analytical Development
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our team. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, CONTRACT Development Associate, to support the development of analytical methods for Adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy products. The candidate will follow SOPs; perform troubleshooting, and help support the optimization of the analytical methods, which support a variety of Sangamo’s therapeutic programs. The ideal candidate will have a fundamental understanding of developing analytical methods, that are used for the characterization of manufacturing of biologics.
- Play a major role in analytical testing for supporting process development under the general supervision of a senior level scientist
- Assist in development and optimization of novel analytical methods for the characterization of AAV-based drug products
- Work with senior level scientists to ensure required documentation is accurate and complete
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific project plans
- Contribute to routine laboratory organization of samples and reagents and maintenance of lab equipment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in a Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent. MS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Proven laboratory experience with different molecular biology techniques including and not limited to real-time qPCR and droplet digital PCR
- Familiarity with analytical biochemistry and protein-based assays including ELISA and HPLC
- Previous experience in a gene therapy-based drug development and regulated environment is a plus
- An understanding of USP/ICH guidelines for analytical method development, qualification/validation is strong plus
- Ability to execute experiments independently, troubleshoot molecular techniques and evaluate data of moderate complexity
- Detail-oriented, organized with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to document procedures and results and keep accurate detailed records
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient in standard computer skills, familiarity with data analysis and Statistical analysis software is a plus
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.