Manager, Financial Reporting
Manager: Senior Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Department: Finance / Accounting
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
External reporting and technical accounting is crucial to the performance and success of any company. This position is responsible for the preparation of external financial statements and assessment of technical accounting matters. The Manager is also responsible for ensuring compliance and coordination of internal controls over various aspects of the financial reporting process and filings with SEC and other regulatory bodies. This is an individual contributor position.
- Prepare SEC filings, including 10Q, 10K, 8-K, S-8, and Stock Offerings
- Support and/or prepare related financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and related SEC regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and manage process for preparation and review of supporting financial statement schedules and tables
- Support XBRL tagging and reporting requirements
- Coordinate with parties outside of finance (internal legal department, external counsel, operation leads, independent public accounting firm, members of the Disclosure Committee, and Audit Committee) to support SEC filings
- Provide technical accounting assistance on accounting issues and transactions
- Research and implement new technical accounting issues and arrive at well-reasoned conclusions
- Prepare documentation of key accounting issues for management
- Review certain contracts to identify technical accounting matters and ensure compliance with corporate and accounting policies
- Monitor and consider implications of new accounting pronouncements on our current policy and standards and provide support on the adoption of such standards
- Maintain an expanding technical accounting knowledge by staying appraised of new pronouncements and interpretations applicable to the business
- Implement policies and operations changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules
- Provide training to accounting, finance, and business teams on new and existing accounting standards, as relevant
- Analyze the financial, accounting and economic impacts of proposed transactions as required
- Support revenue accounting and reporting process, including communication with finance, department leads, accounting operations and management and research collaborators for revenue reporting
- Support relationship with external auditors related to quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Provide strategic analysis of financial data and ad hoc financial reporting, as needed
- Lead, manage and execute on special projects as needed, and across various functions
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and coordination of internal controls over financial reporting including maintaining documentation and supporting control testing processes
- Seek opportunities to implement best practices
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- CPA desired
- BS/BA in finance, economics or accounting
- Sarbanes-Oxley act 404(a) or 404(b) experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience including Big 4 public accounting experience (biotech industry preferred)
- Strong Microsoft application skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Oracle reporting experience a plus
- Experience working with technical accounting research tools - Big 4 technical accounting libraries, such as EY Atlas, PwC Viewpoint, DART etc., SEC reporting research tools, such as Company IQ and Intelligize, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to facilitate interaction through all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking with the ability to analyze financial results
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize reporting and other management systems and tools
- Ability to adapt to a non-routine, flexible and fast paced environment
- Able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine & booster, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves.