Director, Sales and Strategic Partnerships - Midwest (Chicago) Territory - Remote
It’s an exciting time to join us!
The Andelyn Biosciences’ Customer Development Team is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing team as a Director, Sales and Strategic Partnerships.
The purpose of this position is to be accountable for the Gene Therapy Segment business goals. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Sales or Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) of Andelyn Biosciences and will be a critical role to lead the development of Gene Therapy sales region aligned with the overall company strategy. This role will actively drive engagement with clients and is expected to be a high performing business development and strategic partnerships expert. The role will participate in standard forecasting, funnel management, and provide detailed reports to the VP of Sales and CCO to inform the Board of Directors of commercial progress. It requires a highly consultative sales and business development approach, a strategic mindset, as well as a commitment to high levels of execution of an aggressive growth plan for the company. The key success factor is the ability to achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals while building the strategy within the assigned territory aligned with the VP of Sales and CCO’s vision for growing the business. An additional success factor is the ability to not only retain current clients and grow them but to also add new client’s quarter over quarter with high satisfaction scores. You will be supported with a leading Gene Therapy operation, quality assurance, process development, analytical development, and quality control teams as well as cross functional executive leadership team aligned to the mission. Your clients will have access to the latest and highly scaled facilities that are state of the art providing leading adherent and suspension for viral vectors, as well as other novel modalities. You will have the ability to strategically partner and grow much faster than the market while focusing on the client & patients, colleagues, and with this focus it will create immense value for the shareholders.
Schedule: Full-time (Benefits Eligible)
Location: Remote position
Our Values are founded in our origin story
Under the guidance and direction of the Vice President of Sales and Strategic Partnerships, essential functions of the Director, Sales and Strategic Partnerships include at a minimum:
· You will work closely with the VP of Sales & CCO and other members of the Senior Management Team to drive sales & business development efforts based on the overall commercial strategy; the singular goal is to drive maximum utilization and revenue for this newly established growth business with the goal of filling to 75% capacity within 4 quarters. You will report to the VP of Sales.
· Lead and execute sales and business development initiatives in close partnership with the VP of Sales, CCO, and other Directors of Strategic Partnerships including partner identification, outreach, managing the “sell” process, and structuring/negotiation/execution of business development transactions.
· Leads the territory in terms of knowledge of the business segment and trends and observations of the territory and galvanizes the commercial strategy for the Gene Therapy business segment.
· Develop business analyses to support sales pipeline valuation and evaluate impact of changes in customer and competitive landscape.
· Work with Operations and Finance teams to identify strategic opportunities, financing, and/or organizational gaps for the Gene Therapy business segment and develop plans for how to best address these gaps to increase value and capabilities for the CDMO.
· Cultivate a strong and effective cross-functional partnership with the Operations, Quality and Analytical, Project Management, and Finance teams to build the story supporting partnering opportunities for Gene Therapy tied to commercial opportunities with companies.
· Support strategic partnership and sales into Pre-clinical, Clinical and Commercial manufacturing. Having experience in pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial sales is highly desired, and even more so for those that also have experience in Gene Therapy.
· Lead regular presentations on business development opportunities, pipeline, competitive analysis, market trends, observations, and other in various company forums as it relates to Gene Therapy.
· Manage clients, lead client discussions, QBRs, be adept at presenting to both small and large audiences
· Is a polished professional that demonstrate a high level of integrity, is always prepared for meetings, and focuses on strategic goals and executes to outcomes and can maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity, turning challenges into opportunities
· Attention to detail in all job functions
· Work to specific measurable objectives requiring operational planning skills with little direct supervision Involved in the development of those objectives
· Cultivate a diverse and collaborative team environment. Utilizes clear and concise communication to ensure high productivity and contribution to the success of department goals
· Up to 25-50% travel may be required
· Ability to manage and influence people in a lateral support structure
· Drives timelines and development through the broad influence and is outcome oriented.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Have an advanced degree (Ph.D., or MBA) or significant exposure to CDMO sales at least 5 years
· Have experience in Gene Therapy and/or Biopharma on the sell-side of business development, or has sold into Biologics for at least 3 years
· Is adept in working in a fast-paced environment such asps and has the experience to use the process and continuous process improvement.
· The optimal candidate is expected to lead their region/territory and work with the leadership team for achieving 7-9 figure contracts for additional long-term strategic partnerships with Large Biopharma and biotech clientele.
· Lead Generation: Support lead generation activities through prospecting, networking, and engaging clients well in advance of their needs and initiatives.
· Have held cross-functional leadership roles with results linked to conflict/issue resolution, time-critical project management, negotiation, consensus-building, and financial accountability
· Ideally fluent in both the Drug Substance/Drug Product market AND the Gene Therapy development processes and have prior exposure to commercialization of both in the CDMO service market
· Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and adjust as priorities change.
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a diverse and inclusive work environment, and to own the territory as if it were their own business
· Must possess a client-focused mindset always.
Minimum Physical Requirements
· Frequently sitting/remaining in a seated position
· Occasionally standing or walking
· Occasionally independently lifting up to 50 pounds
· Frequently talking on the phone or in-person
· Frequently keyboarding
Andelyn Biosciences is currently operating under Executive Order 14042 that requires that employees of federal contractors and its affiliates be vaccinated against COVID-19, with some limited exemptions under the law. As Andelyn is both an affiliate and will be a federal contractor, proof of vaccination status will be required prior to first date of employment. Religious and medical exemptions may be considered depending upon the specific job duties and in accordance with applicable federal guidelines.