Associate Director Cheminformatics
Theseus Pharmaceuticals is passionately committed to improving the lives of cancer patients by working to outsmart cancer resistance. Led by a team of targeted oncology pioneers with a proven track record developing and commercializing cancer therapeutics, we are developing the next generation of tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs): “pan-variant” targeted therapies that address all known drug-resistant mutations. We believe a pan-variant approach is the only way to address cancer resistance. Our lead program, THE-630, is a pan-variant KIT inhibitor for patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), whose cancer has developed resistance to earlier lines of kinase inhibitor therapy. We are also developing a fourth-generation, selective epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor to address C797S-mediated resistance to first- or later-line osimertinib treatment in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
For more information, visit theseusrx.com .
Role: Associate Director Cheminformatics
We are seeking a collaborative and dynamic Associate Director of Cheminformatics to join our expanding Discovery team and who will contribute actively to the discovery of new medicines. This individual will work closely with Computational Chemistry and other Discovery project teams, and will use their broad knowledge of data integration across multiple disciplines to optimize data utilization. This individual will also guide the extension of our informatics infrastructure to integrate additional predictive modelling capabilities into the drug discovery process. This essential member of the Discovery team will provide expert knowledge, championing novel cheminformatics approaches as we expand our Discovery capabilities, as well as providing key informatics vision to to our Drug Discovery platform.
Who are we looking for?
- A highly knowledgeable, flexible and solution-oriented Cheminformatics scientist who enjoys sharing their expertise to drive best practices and adoption of new informatics approaches in the Discovery process and who shares our passion about the company’s mission to discover and develop new medicines.
- A self-reliant, forward-looking team player who builds support and consensus in teams to drive optimum use of data in advancing our goals as well being a proponent and builder of the cheminformatics platform for the expanding Discovery team.
What are we looking for?
- A scientist who enjoys working in a dynamic goal-oriented small company working environment, able to partner with multiple groups and to function effectively in a expanding matrix of project and discipline-centric teams
- A technical expert who shares and promotes their cheminformatics experience and expertise across the company to build and lead implementation of consensus solutions, capabilities and tools to support our Discovery teams
- A reliable collaborator and colleague, with the ability to manange priorities and maintain timelines across project teams.
What are we offering?
- To join a growing team of CARING, experienced and motivated individuals focused on making a positive impact in the lives of cancer patients.
- A dynamic work environment that welcomes discussion and adoption of new approaches to improve our Discovery processes
- The opportunity to shape the role of cheminformatics across Discovery and to build strong integration across multi-disciplinary processes to enable the discovery of new medicines
What you will do:
- Oversee the corporate database and propose solutions to improve its usability
- Enhance team access to Discovery data by developing/implementing software tools and scripts to support data upload and analysis
- Support team members in extending Discovery capabilities by selecting or developing and leading implementation of additional visualization and predictive tools
- Collaborate with Computational Chemistry and IT to extend and integrate the computational chemistry-cheminformatics environment
- Build, apply and integrate machine learning or other models as needed to enhance predictive modelling capabilities including mining public databases
- Act as an expert resource and collaborator to multi-disciplinary teams engaged in drug discovery to improve design cycle and decision-making processes, present data summaries to project teams
- Maintain active knowledge of novel cheminformatics and machine learning approaches
- Lead cheminformatics function and manage related vendor and consultant relationships.
What you will bring:
- PhD in Cheminformatics or related field preferred.
- 6+ years relevant experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with increasing responsibilities
- Strong understanding of data flows across multiple aspects of drug discovery- chemistry, biological assays, pharmacology and DMPK with structured and unstructured data
- Extensive hand-on experience in cheminformatics, with a proven track record of accomplishment supporting drug discovery teams.
- Experience in identifying, procuring, and integrating external data sources as needed
- Strong SQL skills, including: data join integrity, data aggregation and data manipulation/transformation using SQLs
- Fluency in Python, especially the scientific Python stack (Jupyter/Pandas/scikit-learn/PyTorch)
- Expertise in managing relational databases and strong data visualization skills
- Experience in developing machine learning models for drug discovery
- Familiarity with best practices in software development, including Amazon Web Services
- (Preferred) Expertise in deploying and maintaining systems for capturing unstructured Discovery data e.g. data warehouses
- (Preferred) Familiarity with computational chemistry approaches deployed in drug discovery
Transparency: We work with honesty, openness, and integrity.
Community: We collaborate and thrive together.
Patient-Focused: We are committed to finding new medicines for patients.
Resolve: We never give up on our mission.
When You Join Theseus Pharmaceuticals You Will Have:
- Location reachable by public transportation (Red Line)
- Customized and competitive health coverage, including medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision
- Health Savings Account for medical expenses
- Eligible from the first day for 401K with 100% match of the first 5%
- A robust package of Theseus-paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Unlimited time off and 11 Holidays
- Winter Break: Theseus is closed for a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
Location: Cambridge (Kendall Square), MA
Candidates should be aware that Theseus Pharmaceuticals requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. Theseus is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Theseus Pharmaceuticals is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Theseus about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Theseus via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Theseus unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Theseus for this position and a valid agreement with Theseus is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Theseus agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.