Field Application Scientist, US East Coast
Are you ready to join a high-growth, well-funded Series C company based in South San Francisco, California!! Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer and accelerate development and delivery of advanced therapeutics.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell, One Team, One Vision.” We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us meet our goals we are looking to hire a Field Application Scientist, US to join our family!
If any of the below describes you, we would love to speak with you!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Principal responsibilities include educating and supporting customers on Mission Bio's droplet-based instrumentation, sample collection, workflows, and downstream data analysis solutions.
- Training customers on the use of Mission Bio's current and emerging droplet applications and software analysis utilizing pipeline tools, Tapestri Insights and the Python-based, Jupyter Notebook-enabled software package Mosaic.
- Assisting customers with research, troubleshooting, data analysis and interpretation. Providing on-going support for single cell customers in oncology, immunology and inflammation, stem cell biology, infectious disease research, developmental biology, pharmacology, neuroscience, and drug development, among others.
- Attending scientific meetings, conferences, and trade shows in order to keep abreast of development and trends in single cell biology.
- Traveling up to 50% nationally (and internationally where applicable) to facilitate projects at customer sites.
- Working as part of a team to integrate information between Sales, Marketing, Research and Development and Engineering to provide resolution of customer issues and further product improvement.
- Continuously working to expand the customer base through scientific networking. Integrating with account managers during pre-sales events to foster instrument and consumable sales within the territory and nationally.
- Preparing research summaries of cutting-edge studies published in high impact journals for dissemination within the company.
- Presenting scientific seminars on our specific droplet technologies and products to prospective and existing customers.
- Creating SOPs, user guides, white papers, progress reports and data presentations related to assay development, site visits and research projects.
- Providing VoC feedback to team members, account managers and corporate leadership.
- Documenting routine activities and customer interactions with Salesforce.
- Travel 50% of the time to East Coast customers
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:Required Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google tools.
Education and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Genetics or Equivalent
- At least 2 years prior experience in a customer-facing FAS role
- Values consistent with Mission Bio’s collaborative, curious and driven culture
What can Mission Bio offer you? (Besides an amazing and innovative culture?)
- All Inclusive - Full Benefits Package
- Unlimited PTO Package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- And Much More
Mission Bio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, including supporting applicants and employees with a disability or protected veterans, as well as any other status protected by law. PRINCIPALS ONLY// NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES