Associate Director of Biopharma Business Development
Mission Bio is a high-growth, well-funded Series C company based in South San Francisco, California. Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer. We do so with our innovative microfluidic system that is the leader in the high throughput single cell, multi-omics space that is used by major cancer centers and pharma / biopharma companies globally to better characterize cancer as well as providing solutions to accelerate therapeutic development, such as the future standard of care in cell and gene therapy.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell One Team One Vision”. We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF BIOPHARMA BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Associate Director of Pharma Business Development will leverage their commercial sales skills and relationships with biopharma customers and knowledge of the translational and clinical biomarkers space to achieve sales objectives in line with the Company's mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage to a business plan to meet/exceed business goals
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans, and provide accurate forecasts and reports of sales activity entering data into Salesforce.com
- Demonstrate funnel management skills with strong account management and closing skills
- Key Account Planning, market knowledge, competitive positioning
- Understand scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the business
- Utilize product and application knowledge to successfully conduct selling presentations
- Minimum of five years sales and business development experience in life science research, with services and/or capital equipment experience; experience selling new technologies preferred.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology or related field; M.S., PhD or Bio-Pharma research experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with key thought leaders in the translational and clinical biomarkers space.
- Proven track record winning business and establishing long-term high-level customer relationships
- Excellent sales skills, including prospecting, negotiating, listening, and closing
- Knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing and related molecular/genomics technologies.
- Experience structuring and negotiating various types of agreements and contracts with complicated stakeholders across all levels of the organization in pharma, biotech and CROs
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, pre-tax commuter options and a 401(k) plan for all US employees.
- Flexible working hours: We offer unlimited vacation for you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self at work.
- Training and professional development: Your manager will work with you to define objectives for your professional development and help you progress in your field.
Mission Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.