Sr Statistical Geneticist
We are looking for an extremely talented computational immunogenetics scientist to join our Immune, Respiratory, and Infectious Disease Genetics Therapeutic Area Genetics (TAG) team. You will be responsible for computational studies capitalizing on integrating and mining of multidimensional omics datasets derived at RGC and/or from public resources. Such datasets will include bulk and single cellular transcriptomic, serologic proteomic and other immune related functional genomics data which can be used to accelerate translation of newly-emergent immune disease-related genetic associations to target discovery.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Acquire, organize and analyze omics datasets derived from within the RGC, from collaborative partnerships and/or from publicly-available resources.
- Work closely with other members of the Immune/Respirology/Infectious Disease and other TAG teams, Analytic Genetics, Sequencing, and GIDE to acquire omics datasets.
- Deploy computational methods for integrating and interpreting such information so as to more effectively identify/prioritize drug targets illuminated by genetic association data.
This job might be for you if you:
- Bring innovative thinking to large-scale genetic studies and analysis.
- Have a strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions to foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward within Regeneron.
- Can work closely with multidisciplinary teams to characterize the immune consequences of discovered disease gene variants and ensure objectives are being met across the therapeutic areas.
To be considered for this role, you must have a PhD and >5 years experience in Computational Immunogenetics research with deep knowledge of the immunology and genetics of infectious and autoimmune inflammatory diseases. Familiarity with large genetic studies that deliver novel genetic findings and medically relevant gene discoveries. Demonstrated expertise in translational research for immunologic, inflammatory and infectious disorders. Expertise with acquiring, organizing and analyzing omics datasets. Demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team, to discover and evolve immunology-related drug discovery pipelines. Experience with the use of WES/GWAS datasets, RNA-Seq, proteomics, metabolomics and other large scale platforms for genomic/proteomics proficiency. Functional knowledge of strategic drug development plans, preferred. Experience with the development of cell-free and cell-based assays to assist small molecule medicinal chemistry program, preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.