Manager - Business Strategy & Operations: Data and Portfolio Analytics
The Manager - BSO: Data & Portfolio Analytics is a newly created position within BioTherapeutics (BTxPS). This position will require an incumbent with a strong data analytics background as well as a passion for operational enhancement and excellence. They will work to streamline operations and reporting in BSO in addition to harmonizing digital efforts throughout BTxPS in the following key areas: Portfolio Analysis, Operational Planning, Capital, Forecasting, FTE Actuals Tracking, and Metrics/Dashboard creation & maintenance.
This person will foster, inspire, and enable BSO colleagues to adopt new ways of working that accelerate our performance through optimized, simplified, and sustainable analytical and digital processes, technologies, inter departmental training, and procedures. Incumbent will be responsible for building and maintaining an effective communication link between the BTx PS Digital Core Team and BSO. In addition, they will contribute to the overall success of the group through task related operational activities as needed related to Portfolio, Operational Excellence, and Communication.
In order of importance, indicate the primary responsibilities critical to the performance of the role. It is recommended not to list actual tasks but focus on 5-8 essential responsibilities that highlight accountability and level of judgment required.
- Facilitate the analysis of key BSO processes and engage BSO colleagues in identifying problems, gaps, unnecessary complexity, and digital transformation/automation opportunities so that innovative solutions can be surfaced. Create and update process and data flow models using available Enterprise systems: Spotfire, BI, Power Query, etc.
- Develop analytical tools that will:
- Drive performance metrics through well-defined dashboards
- Allow senior leadership to make more informed decisions using insightful data and visualizations
- Significantly increase response time to queries and information requests
- Understand the relevant technology landscape to discuss and assess requirements and options with stakeholder(s) for implementation and training.
- Identify opportunity areas and lead projects to increase automation of workflows across BSO or workflows in collaboration with other groups (ie ST Lines).
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement that will be achieved through team building, education/ coaching and enabling people to solve problems and bring forth ideas.
- As an active member of BSO, incumbent will be responsible for various key deliverables related to the ongoing operational efforts/outputs of the group as needed: Portfolio Analysis, Operational Planning, Capital, Forecasting, and Actuals Tracking.
- BS in scientific, computer science, or engineering discipline with 5+years of experience
- 5-7 years related experience in development, operations, portfolio analysis, or scientific operations of biological therapeutics and/or vaccines within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Skilled at identifying problems (problem sensitivity) and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities and objectives simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office knowledge management systems
- Ability to effectively lead a team, leveraging and/or engaging others to accomplish projects, and equally as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently on individual goals and contribute collaboratively to team goals; enjoys achieving goals through collaborative effort.
- Highly developed organizational skills, experienced in and highly skilled at functioning at a high level in a matrix organization
- Additional Education/certifications in Information Technology such as experience with Spotfire, Iron Python, BI, Oracle hosted applications, Citrix hosted applications, Visual Basic / HTML, Sharepoint, and developing and delivering end user application training and Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Proven analytical skills, problem-solving capabilities
- Strong business and technical aptitude with an attitude to solve complex problems.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional work outside business hours to accommodate other Pfizer sites & partners.
- Up to 10% travel
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS
Last Date to Apply: June 7, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech