Senior Manager, Transformation Analytics (US - Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Senior Manager, Transformation Analytics
What you will do
Lets do this. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will support the Results Delivery Office and Amgen leadership by using advanced analytics and critical thinking to characterize business performance across the enterprise, evaluate potential transformation opportunities, and enable step change in business outcomes. The ideal candidate will use their business and analytical acumen to challenge the status quo, drive continuous improvement, and embed digital ways of working into our end-to-end processes.
Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for designing and developing analytical capabilities to measure and improve enterprise business performance and provide insights for top priority persistent business questions. Ultimately, you will enable data-driven decision making, building a foundational capability to provide end-to-end insight into business process performance and improvements.
This role will interact with a wide range of cross-functional business collaborators at all levels to understand processes, analyze data, and articulate holistic value delivery (cost, speed, risk, quality, etc.)
Objectives of this Role
- Design, build and maintain a groundbreaking capability that can be used to analyze financial and non-financial information across the enterprise to derive critical business insights
- Maintain financial and non-financial baseline for programs and initiatives, identifying trends and opportunities for transformation by analyzing complex data sets
- Create a robust management reporting capability based on data mining, analysis, and visualization
- Analyze data to answer key questions from senior leaders with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating opportunities of comprehensive value delivery
- Understand and triage the demand for analytical insights across top priority enterprise initiatives and define an operating model that effectively builds on functional analytical capabilities
- Define target scope for business insights and data sources leveraged (structured and unstructured)
- Manage the development and maintenance of data models and analytical toolsets (e.g., Tableau dashboards) required to deliver insights at scale
- Assist in cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end from building relationships with key business leaders to collecting and analyzing data, as well as summarizing and presenting key insights in support of decision making
- Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize key performance measures
- Influence ground-breaking thinking and decisions with analytical insights and an ability to build collaborative relationships
- Partner with business areas to share data best practices and support implementation (where applicable)
- As applicable, supervise and provide guidance to internal/external resources to deliver projects
- Provide requirements for the Digital Technology and Innovation (DTI) team as needed to help shape future deployment of analytics tools
- Oversee coordination of activities and information flow between cross-functional collaborators including process owners, analysts, DTI, and RDO to ensure smooth execution
- Assist in developing business cases and strategic recommendations, perform ad hoc analyses, and support special projects
- Interact with various finance groups including corporate and functional financial planning & analysis (FP&A) to understand impact to budget/long range plans
- Develop executive communications and present analysis and insights to Amgens senior leadership
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The analytical professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceOR
Masters degree and 4 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceOR
Bachelors degree and 6 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceOR
Associates degree and 10 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
- Masters degree in data science, business, sciences statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field and 4 years of relevant experience in data analytics, consulting, and/or financial planning & analysis role (MBA Preferred)
- Accountability and Autonomy: Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, operate independently and deliver high-quality work output, understand what it means to own something and be accountable
- Critical thinking: Ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems, provide clarity of thought, and deliver results
- Teamwork: Builds strong relationships across the network, can effectively motivate and influence cross functional teams and a diverse set of stakeholders
- Communication: Ability to distill complex information and tailor communication in a concise, logical, audience-appropriate manner
- Experience with statistical/mathematical modeling, ability to work with structured and unstructured data sets, and harmonize complex data and information.
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data extracted directly from the source systems
- Experience with developing / overseeing development of analytical dashboards using a variety of tools/packages, including but not limited to Tableau, Spotfire, Python, R, Alteryx, etc.
- Experience setting up reporting layers, maintenance & use of reporting tools
- Comfortable in "start-up" environment of a newly created Amgen group whose remit is to build a durable transformation capability
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.