Sr. Specialist, Biomarker Operations
Moderna is seeking a Sr. Specialist, Biomarker Operations to support the clinical teams and to work across its clinical trials as well as with external biorepositories, assay laboratories and CROs. This position will work collaboratively across all therapeutic area teams to ensure implementation, compliance and support of biosample plans and management for clinical trials conducted by Moderna.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
Provide support to the clinical teams driving agreed upon biomarker sample management plans for the clinical trials
Support the review of biomarker sections of clinical protocols, clinical kit development, study/lab manuals and consent forms
Manage process for clinical sample lifecycle and biorepository usage
Support development of processes and procedures for standardized language, biomarker usage, and data reporting
Support clinical teams to ensure biosamples are compliant with informed consent and GCP/ICH
Oversee clinical assay vendors (routine sample analysis meetings, address sample issues, sample shipments)
Troubleshoot sample issues at Central Labs and 3rd-party vendors
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
Bachelor’s degree in a life science-based subject; advanced degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years of clinical research experience which must include sponsor experience
Direct experience with clinical sample management
Prior process development experience is very helpful
Familiarity with databases is helpful
Solid understanding of GCP/ICH is required
Strong communication skills and attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to multitask
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.#LI-MC1