R&D Associate, Drug Product Process Development
Regeneron's Formulation Development Group (FDG) is seeking a hardworking R&D Associate who will support our planning, optimization, and execution of Drug Product process-based unit operations, and assist in developing scale-down models.
You will work closely with FDG leads/scientists in a state-of-the-art process development facility, support development activities across multiple programs, and ensure a seamless technology transfer to the manufacturing team. You will independently design and execute studies for process development and analytical characterization, while documenting the same in electronic lab notebooks.
A Typical Day may include the following:
- Leading equipment installation, operation, maintenance, calibration, and repairs.
- Collaborating with key members of formulation development and facility management teams to ensure full functionality of Drug Product Pilot Facility (DPPF).
- Procuring consumables and continuously update the inventory for the DPPF.
- Assist in developing small scale models to effectively mimic manufacturing unit operations and support technology transfer to manufacturing teams.
- Work very closely with FDG leads/scientists to ensure seamless progression of multiple late-stage process-related activities.
- Effectively engage with others and work in cross-functional teams to support process development.
- Communicate relevant information in a clear and transparent manner, and effectively collect information through strong listening skills.
- Bring in new ideas from literature or external practices, and engage in active questioning to understand context and interpretation of work.
- Prepare, review, and edit technical reports.
- Comfortably shift gears and priorities to meet changing business needs as required.
This Job Might Be For You If you:
- Have a strong initiative and strive to complete challenging tasks and learn new technologies.
- Are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a team environment.
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You have developed skills in time management and can quickly adapt to changes in order to support accelerated timelines
A degree in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field is required. (BS 0-5 years, OR MS + 2 years of relevant experience)
Prior experience with some combination of the following is desired:
- Drug Product (formulation and process) development
- Characterization of proteins and nucleic acids
- Modeling of heat and mass transfer (e.g. by CFD)
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of analytical instruments used for protein therapeutics characterization, such as HPLC-based chromatographic techniques (icIEF, SEC, IEX), biophysical methods (DLS, DSC, and UV-Vis), and particle characterization methods (MFI and HIAC). Prior research experience in the areas of protein structure, stability, and protein aggregation are desired, along with a basic understanding of common protein degradation pathways. Experience with coding and statistical software is a plus (JMP, R).
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.