Senior Manager, Sourcing - Construction Services
The Senior Manager Sourcing will be responsible for developing, leading and implementing site-based sourcing strategies in conjunction with CapEx (Construction) and Facilities function(s). These strategies will include support of all facets of architectural/engineering services, construction services, long-lead capital equipment, and other facilities related goods and services. They will work collaboratively with the Real Estate and Facilities Management (REFM) business unit to commercially & competitively assess a global and local supplier base, including pre-qualifying bidders, developing and managing eRFX activities, bid leveling, conducting proposal evaluations, contract negotiations, cost negotiations and summarizing contract award recommendations. It is anticipated that this individual will have a shared global responsibility with a 75% emphasis on Construction and a 25% emphasis on Facilities Management.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the formation of architectural/ engineering contracts, construction contracts, and various facility management service contracts, including but not limited to property management and related services. This role will also work with other SS&P team members to develop long term strategies. However, they will implement and own the local supplier relationships and manage ongoing performance. They must have demonstrated capability to proactively manage assigned projects and increase value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness.A typical day might include:
- Responsible for Strategic Sourcing of assigned projects, including development of sourcing strategies, developing sourcing execution plans, and leading the bidding process for various Construction and Facilities projects to optimize value
- Develop and sustain vendor and customer relationships as well as assist in ensuring accountability exists within the managed category and performance is tracked
- Align with partners and business leaders on their needs to provide Sourcing management and support for multiple projects
- Responsible for continuous quality and service from suppliers to support efficient business operations
- Accountable for category spend savings targets and objectives
- Lead supplier relationships and sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), etc.
- Accountable for contract agreements and amendments and ensure valid contracts are in place
- Responsible for sound contract management and to drive continuous value from the contract relationship
- Assist with internal partners to identify and implement opportunities/processes to influence improvement in service, quality, delivery, and cost and optimal payment terms.
- Develop and implement Continuous Improvement (CI) processes relevant to the indirect goods and services categories.
- Develop, Lead and Coach direct reports, if applicable.
- Independently author contractual documents and design and revise templates as required
- Solid understanding with Sourcing Contracting, ERP, eRFX systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other)
- Contract formation and contract management skills
- Construction Cost knowledge – Cost Plus Fixed Price, Lump Sum, Unit Price
- Proven leadership experience preferred.
- Proven experience in negotiating, reviewing and managing client requirements; contracts; policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to get results in an expedient manner, quickly gathering information and consensus along with making sound decisions
- Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision
- Program management experience and project management experience required
- Bachelor’s plus 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience, to preferably include 6 years directly in sourcing construction and/or real estate facility projects. 10+ years of significant specific work experience with proof of commitment to complete degree may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- CPSM/CPM preferred
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.