At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant". That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world. Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative and supportive - which provides endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. We else can we offer you? Glad you asked! Daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, a 401k program with generous matching, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and professional development.
We have a full time Virology Manufacturing Associate position available supporting our team in San Diego, CA. We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment.
We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team – someone who wants to develop further leadership skills and grow into a challenging and rewarding career.
Some responsibilities you can anticipate in this position include:
- Provides higher level support during manufacturing process of viruses and can successfully complete assigned processes tasks with guidance.
- Able to prioritize and manage their time into an accurate daily schedule to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Ensures proper documentation in maintained in a timely manner and in accordance with Quality Assurance.
- Intermediate Assay Operator: HAI assay, Ab stain TCID50 assay, ddPCR, endotoxin testing, ELISA, and other standard assay service offerings.
- Exemplary performance and adherence to manufacturing SOPs and other relevant SOPs to the position.
- Understands how to operate in the manufacturing spaces efficiently.
- Upon request, executes the creation of new procedures or forms with guidance.
- Upon request, executes the writing of validation plans, execution of plans, and creation of validation reports with supervision.
- Consistent and thorough completion of lab maintenance activities as assigned and supports other team members when able.
- Able to thaw and maintain multiple cell lines at one time for the support of multiple contracts.
- Qualified operator of the cell countess for the counting of cells (multiple cell lines).
- Can consistently seed plates and flasks at the required density in support of production or QC processes.
- Often (but not required for the position) is a qualified BSL-3 Operator.
- Performs the training of others upon request.
- Maintenance of supply and material levels to trigger re-orders and replenishments.
- Can troubleshoot Lab instrumentation.
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
We can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Virology, Microbiology or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and basic laboratory facilities and equipment.
- Competent in proper pipetting techniques and experience in serial dilutions, dilution factors, and calculation of final dilutions.
- Basic understanding of the scientific method and scientific notation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.