Sr. Manager, Global Commercial Reporting and Analytics
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Manager, Global Commercial Reporting and Analytics will play a lead role in the design and construction of reporting to analyze the effectiveness of various brand efforts and campaigns, largely in the digital space. This position will play a partnership role, working closely with Brand Marketing, Sales and other Commercial stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and drive them through to successful completion.
This role will gather requirements on reporting for digital brand initiatives in close partnership with key Commercial stakeholders. This position will pull the stakeholder requirements through the entire process – designing reports, working with Global Commercial Operations to document systems requirements, developing reports, and rolling reports out to end users. This position’s primary objective will be to deliver insightful reporting to the Brand Marketing and Sales teams to assess effectiveness of digital brand efforts.
- Work across marketing, sales and operations to map strategic initiatives to defined campaign objectives, data sources and measurable KPIs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather requirements on KPIs and visualizations needed to assess efficacy of brand initiatives in the digital space
- Design and develop reporting needed to answer the business questions posed by stakeholders
- Provide systems requirements for reporting needs to systems developers to ensure data is available for reporting
- Ensure that reports and underlying data sets are accurate, and troubleshoot any issues with appropriate contacts (e.g. external partners)
- Produce high quality, detailed documentation for requirements, quality assurance, and process definition.
- Provide innovative and engaging training materials including documents, slides, videos.
- Develop an understanding of business processes, brand strategies, and customer journey to better propose solutions
- Analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes that improve efficiency, address process gaps, and enable automation
- Build relationships with key Commercial business stakeholders across marketing, sales, leadership, and digital operations to enable smooth execution of the projects
- Develop and manage project objectives, deliverables and timelines
- Monitor project progress by tracking work activity using JIRA; resolve problems, publish status reports and recommended next steps
- Perform ad hoc analytics as needed to support priority projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Masters preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence/Data Analyst Role within an Analytics team, preferably working with Commercial data sets
- 3+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry (preferred), ideally in sales operations
- Experience integrating data from core Sales and Marketing platforms (ex: Marketing Automation, CRM, paid advertising and web analytics)
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills (written and verbal) are essential.
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential
- Familiarity with omnichannel marketing highly desired, direct experience with omnichannel marketing preferred
- Experience with the following applications and resources desired:
- Visualization tools: Microsoft Power BI (highly preferred), Tableau Desktop, or other visualization tools
- Other tools: Marketo or other marketing automation platforms, Salesforce.com, Microsoft SQL Server BI Suite, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager,
- Strong presentation skills, and experience working with all levels of business staff and leadership.
- Able to prepare and present data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner.
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence environments
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.