Freenome is a high growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
At Freenome, you will support assay development to help fulfill our mission for the early detection and intervention of disease. As a Laboratory Technician, you will be responsible for reliably preparing reagents and samples for the Development Laboratory.
How you’ll contribute:
- Work closely with the Development and Supply Chain teams to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire laboratory.
- Assist Research Associates and Scientists with preparation and aliquoting of reagents.
- Assist Research Associates and Scientists during sample preparation and testing.
- Document all reagent/consumable details and corrective actions taken during sample preparation.
- Use automated liquid handling platforms to assist with executing automated procedures.
- Ability to follow SOPs and troubleshoot following safety protocols
- Attention to detail and documentation practices within a repetitive work function
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material and supplies in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining Development reagent and sample inventory documents.
What you’ll bring:
- Associate’s degree or higher in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field.
- 1+ years of hands-on laboratory experience in the life sciences (industry and/or academia).
- Proven track record of running successful experiments and maintaining a detailed lab notebook.
- Clear communication skills (written, oral, and record-keeping) and the ability to work with team members across disciplines.
- Open to working outside normal business hours, which could include weekends alternate work schedules (4 10’s or 9 80s) depending on business needs
- Valuable supplementary skills include:
- Experience handling and preparing blood and/or tissue samples.
- Experience working with automated liquid handling platforms & software
- Experience with PCR, extraction, quantitation, fragmentation
- Experience with DNA and/or RNA library preparation for NGS.
- Experience setting up Illumina sequencers.
- Experience running high-throughput experimental designs and/or assays
- Understanding and documenting with in a ERP system
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.