Intern, Product Development
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Intern, Drug Product Development assists the scientific staff in carrying out research assignments involving a variety of laboratory methods, equipment and procedures. Provides technical or logistical support to other researchers and may conduct research projects under the supervision of other scientific staff. Contributes to maintaining a clean and safe laboratory environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform various laboratory assays to support R&D activities.
• Contribute to maintaining a clean lab space including, but not limited to, cleaning glassware and other equipment used for experiments as well as organizing the lab area in regular basis.
• Perform general maintenance service for lab equipment as needed.
• May communicate with outside vendors for PM/calibration service and evaluating/purchasing new lab equipment.
• Record inventory changes as supplies and reagents are used.
• Maintain lab supplies, reagents and chemical inventory and notify the team members.
• Assist in ordering materials such as lab supplies and new lab equipment as needed.
• Be able to perform the tasks with minimal supervision.
• Execute bench experiments carefully and precisely.
• Make detailed observations as experiments are conducted.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of all work done in the laboratory.
• Monitor laboratory safety and perform regular safety checks.
• Maintain team’s culture of support, collaboration, and strong work ethics.
• Assist Associates and Scientists in completion of assigned tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Basic understanding of biochemistry, molecular biology and virology
• Ability to learn new skills quickly
• Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, techniques, instruments and equipment
• Basic understanding of Universal Precautions and Basic Lab safety
• Ability to repeat a procedure in the laboratory multiple times in the same way
• Works well in a team environment
• Highly self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills and critical-thinking skills.
• Capable of searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics.
• Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software.
• Ability to contribute to the design and execution of laboratory experiments.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.